[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Now that Astro Boy is a movie what about Princess Knight?

Now that Astro Boy is a movie what about Princess Knight?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Now that Astro Boy is a movie what about Princess Knight?

Postby Ironman » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:32 pm

Well In 2009 Astro Boy will Start soon in the Silver Screen in which I think this will be a great hit.
But what about Princess Knight not the animated movie it can be a live action movie in which in Japan they did a live acton Dororo ,but i do hope that Princess Knight will become another hit .Now for the cast I think that the best role that will fit the caracter of Sapphire will be none other than British actress Kiera Kightley she look like Sapphire and she was in many of the movie of Pirates of the Carribiean Triolgy and also in the film Domino as well and she is quite a good Tomboy and she is good of many role as well .You see also you got many actors who can do quite the roles for this upcoming Princess Knight live action movie in which we will like to see it for all Tezuka fan as also as Princess Knight fan so tell me about the idea and also your opinion reguarding of the topic :D
Tezuka's creation has left quite a legacy not just only in Japan if not all over the world
Ironman

Tezuka reader

Postby Kevin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:36 pm

I think it'd be cool ^_^ though I never read princess knight.
New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Princess Sapphire » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:23 am

That would be excellent. But the problem is that Princess Knight is nowhere near as well known, let alone popular in the western world as Astro Boy or even Kimba the White Lion.

If only it would first make a significant come back and gather a fan following, then they might consider making a movie. I don't think it's likely that they'd want to try making a movie about something hardly anybody knows about. That's not to say they wouldn't try, but I imagine they'd probably rather do something that already has a significant popularity. There'd be more chance of the film being successful.
Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Recca_Phoenix » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:49 am

I worry about this "USA Astro Boy."
I hope they stay true to the Tezuka with names and such.
This better not end up like the Wachowskis' Speed Racer film.

If they made a live-action Princess Knight, I bet it would end up as crappy as the live-action Rose of Versailles ("Lady Oscar" It's a cartoon! Leave it that way!
Now translating:
Recca_Phoenix

Tezuka Nut

Postby Princess Sapphire » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:54 am

What about a Japanese live-action Princess Knight?

I just had the thought that if any nationality could make a movie about Princess Knight in live-action that does justice to Tezuka's original anime and manga, then it would surely be his own fellow countrymen.

I bet it would be superbly awesome. :) :D 8)
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Kevin » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:10 am

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Jeffbert » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:42 pm

Jeffbert

Postby Recca_Phoenix » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:03 pm

[quote]# While it does make things easier to adopt if one can identify with the characters & settings, many old cartoons were set in the future or in outer space, some even in 'prehistoric' times; but the exotic settings only added to their appeal. The only cartoon that comes to mind as featuring truly international settings is Jonny Quest; this also featured characters having true ethnic features. I think the others were afraid of using such things, but for me, this was 1 of the most memorable of all childhood shows.

Yup.
Although in many cases, localization works out. Take for example, the highly-enjoyable Phoenix Wright games, which switch future-tokyo to future-Los angeles, and change the American characters to German characters. Although with the case of those games, localization was needed because of a lot of Japanese otaku in-jokes and pop culture humor.
Astro Boy is Japanese for all intents and purposes, but seeing as he lives in a future-type setting of general urban-ness, a supposed localization may or may not have to change settings and names. Let's face it, Ochanomizu does not roll off the tongue of an American child that easily.... And even our beloved Frederik Schodt did keep his name as the familiar "Astro Boy" rather than "Mighty Atom"!!!!
But I digresss......

Thankfully the names of the characters in Princess Knight are all pretty European-like and easy-to-pronounce. I don't know if I'm imagining this - did Tink have a different name in the older English dub of the PK anime?
Now translating:
Recca_Phoenix

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kevin » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:40 pm

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Princess Sapphire » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:36 am

Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran