[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Tezuka Roleplay Reference Information

Tezuka Roleplay Reference Information

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Tezuka Roleplay Reference Information

Postby putrocca » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:04 pm

This thread contains basic reference info for people to keep up with the Tezuka Roleplay now that it has gotten long enough that it is hard to review the whole thing. I wil periodically update this post to keep it accurate.

Guidelines:

Please read all the info posted here before you start to play, especially the note at the bottom about the three different roleplay threads. New players are always welcome. Any character from any Tezuka story is permitted, and players are allowed to write more than one character if they want (though if two people want the same character then priority goes to those with only one). When you want to start with a new character you may jump in if you want, but it is better to post here first to let the other players know that you are going to join, and to state which version of the character you are doing, since there are several versions of most characters. At your first apperance you should state where you are and how you arrived on the scene, and provide a brief description of any ways in which you look different from your character's standard Tezuka appearance (ie. different clothes, different age etc.) Please note that mature language is permitted in posts so long as it is appropriate to the character. Any gratuitously profane posts will be edited.

REGARDING ICONS: Icons are helpful for keeping track of characters. If your user icon is different from your character, or if you play multiple characters, it is recommended that you post an icon image of your character at the beginning of each post to make it clear which character is acting/speaking. 80 x 80 icons are preferred, larger ones are discouraged. A selection of icons for most major Tezuka characters is avalible here:

To request that we provide an icon of a character not included in the current batch, post in the OOC thread.

putrocca is the general RP moderator. Anyone wishing to do something unusual or potentially problematic in the game, such as having multiple characters or introducting an event, location, piece of original backstory etc., should PM to get permission from putrocca first so putrocca can make sure all players play well and no one's plans get in the way of others' fun.

Characters claimed so far:

Black Jack - Canti
Pinoko - mippa
Lamp (Black Jack version) - AteruMoroboshi
Rock (combo of several versions, mostly BJ & Vampires) - putrocca (claimed but not yet used)
Wato (combo of Black Jack & Three-Eyed-One versoins) - putrocca
Sapphire - TruePrince
Rainbow Parakeet - Millennium (claimed but not yet used)
Kenichi (Metropolis version?) - open for new player
Skunk - Rocku
Ma-chan - open for new player
Sharaku - putrocca is writing him for now, but if others are interested in taking him over let me know - I don't want to hog too many good characters.

Characters mentioned but not yet claimed:

Ochanomizu - stated by Wato as being in charge of the dig - consult Putrocca if you want to write Ochanomizu
Shunsaku Ban - stated as working with Lamp - consult AteruMorobishi if you want to write Shunsaku Ban

Notable/exception characters:

Phoenix: the Phoenix is too powerful for any one player to have the right to monopolize her without unbalancing the game. The Phoenix may be used as a cameo character by any player, but only after posting for permission in the OOC thread or (if you want plans to stay secret) checking with putrocca to make sure it doesn't contradict any other player's plans.
Tezuka: Playing Osamu Tezuka himself would be OK, but again it is a big step, so check with the moderator first.

Plot summary of events so far:

PLACE: YAMAGO HOTEL, ASHURABIKI
TIME: 7:00 AM
There is an archaological dig going on at a site where a meteor crashed. In the lobby of the nearest hotel, Lamp, a detective, has come to investigate and help defend the site against possible looters. Sapphire came into the hotel, and collapsed on the table, coughing up blood. Wato, a friend who works with Sapphire at the dig site, arrived to help. Lamp called Dr. Black Jack and, by threatening Pinoko, coerced him into coming to treat Sapphire. Kennichi arrived and he, Lamp and Wato are now watching Black Jack and Pinoko examine Sapphire and prepare Sapphire for an operation.

THERE ARE NOW THREE THREADS FOR THIS RP.

The first is the "IC" or "In Character" thread where the action takes place. Small OOC notes are OK in the IC thread so long as they pertain directly to the continuation of the action.

Second, the "OOC" or "Out of Character" thread is a place to post Out of Character questions and discussion, to keep them from mixing in with the main action. This is the place for notices that you will be absent for a while, discussions of chronology, which versions of characters people are doing, links to icons, and other OOC questions. The OOC thread is a good place to work out multiple different versions of characters so people don't get confused.

Note that THIS THREAD YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW IS ONLY FOR DATA and is a place for me to post plot summaries and character lists. If you want to request a new character, that should also go in the OOC thread, not here. Once everyone has approved you taking a new character, I will add that info here. You should only reply to this thread if you have corrections or questions about the content listed here.
Last edited by putrocca on Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Potato » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:17 am

Katara: Sokka, You're a genius!
Aang: Did the definition of genius change in the last 100 years?

Potato

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby putrocca » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:35 pm

putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Potato » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:34 am

Katara: Sokka, You're a genius!
Aang: Did the definition of genius change in the last 100 years?

Potato

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Dr. Jerk » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Dr. Jerk

Tezuka Nut

Postby putrocca » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:09 pm

Agreed, but restarting would be fun. I think to start we need people who were doing it before to announce whether they're still wanting to play and do the same characters, so we can update and re-divvy characters.

I'd still like to do the ones I was playing.
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Dr. Jerk » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:54 pm

Something tells me that the others won't be around.

Especially not Millennium...
Dr. Jerk

Tezuka Nut

Postby putrocca » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:35 am

Is anyone else still around?

Separately, is anyone else interested? In my experience, online RPs usually take 4 people to really get going.
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Dr. Jerk » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:04 am

Well, as I've said... the forums are just no longer active anymore. And lack of interest also seems obvious to follow suit...

I know some people on this one forum that like to do Tezuka RPs... but... well, I don't think they can really be taken seriously... And others might just be too busy. Also I don't think they would be interested in joining TiE either, especially not that you now have to e-mail to register...

In short, I just don't really see this getting back up again.
Dr. Jerk

Tezuka Nut

Postby Xenops » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:03 am

I would give it some time, until at least some more people register.

Though I think playing Pinoko would be fun. ^_^
Xenops

Tezuka Nut

Postby Dr. Jerk » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:23 am

By the way, I was thinking...

Shouldn't more 'god-like' characters be added to the Character Exceptions? Baby Phoenix comes to mind, and I consider it/him to be different from Phoenix.
Dr. Jerk

Tezuka Nut

Postby Xenops » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:54 am

Unico might work under the exception list too. He's pretty convenient.
Xenops

Tezuka Nut

Postby putrocca » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:19 pm

I agree with waiting for more participants.
putrocca

Site Founder

Return to General Tezuka Discussion