[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Video Games?

Video Games?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby cmoon » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:06 pm

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby jonerik » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:05 pm

jonerik

Tezuka reader

Postby putrocca » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:40 pm

Since the DS is region free I have a complicated plan to get together with 2 friends, one who can read Japanese and one with the equipment to connect a DS screen to a bigscreen, then we'll play (and if possible translate) the thing togehter. It won't happen for at least 8 months, but it feels good to have a plan at least...
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Ash » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:34 pm

"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby cmoon » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:13 pm

I'd go so far as saying that GBA astroboy is one of the best games on that system along with the castlevanias.
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Ash » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:59 pm

I bought Blood Will Tell (Dororo for the PS2 today, haven't had time to play it yet though /haven't tried to squeeze it in between Zelda Twilight Princess sessions for now, as I'm studying for my last exam this calenderyear. Uuurgh. Hope to post something more substantial about the game later this week ^_~

Expecting a nice hack 'n slash game of it, from what I've seen and read. Don't know the story of Dororo that well (never read it), so I won't know how (un)faithful it will be to the manga/anime. It looks kinda Inu Yasha-ish from the setting and the monsters.
"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby putrocca » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:40 pm

putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Amrith » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:37 pm

The "Dororo" video-game is a good game but it's a very simplified version, without social issues, without relationship between Hyakkimaru and Dororo. It's action over and over with terrible monsters. The good point of the game if I remember correctly is it features the all 48 creatures, although the manga with his poor end never finished the quest of Hyakkimaru. Tezuka sacrificed "Dororo"'s conclusion in order to begin "Norman", and despite "Dororo" is a powerful story, the end and the final revelation are... "it sucks" like you say in America.
Amrith

Tezuka Expert

Postby putrocca » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:31 pm

putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Amrith » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:33 pm

Amrith

Tezuka Expert

Postby putrocca » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:47 pm

putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Ash » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:39 pm

Played an hour now or so.

Started pretty cool, in black & white (as Hyakki misses his eye), after the second boss you get your left eye back and everything is back in color ^_~

Biiiig troubles with the camera though, stop sweeping away from the action >.< They should have made the right analog a camera sweeper (very annoying, as I'm playing Zelda too, that at least has a working camera). Walking is excruciating slow, but the action itself is pretty nice.

For the story, it's what I thought, Inu Yasha-ish (more likely Inu Yasha is Dororo-ish). The first chapter has you coming across a strange monster who says something to Hyakki. Then he and Dororo are captured by villagers, bringing you to a very creepy possible-demon-herself madame Yudai, who wants to know what the demon said to you. After refusing, she throws in you near a well where a gigantic tentacleheaded monster tries to devour you. Eat knee-rocket, sucker! Ooh, and Dororo escaped and got caught again. Lupin he is not.

And nice seeing the Japanese monsters. Umbrella-head still brings back hilarious memories of Osaka-Umbrella XD (Azumanga Daioh)

Edit:

I think Dororo could get off in America, seeing it's kinda like Inu Yasha as a feudal horror story and IY is huge in America. (And then I could read Dororo! ;))
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby jonerik » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:02 pm

jonerik

Tezuka reader

Postby Metropolisforever » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:00 am

That would be so cool if they made a Metropolis video game! :D

What do you think?

Should it/would it be based on the film or the manga?
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED.
Metropolisforever

Banned

Postby Ash » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:57 pm

Ash

Tezuka Nut

PreviousNext

Return to General Tezuka Discussion