[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - going to the Tezuka museum in a week...

going to the Tezuka museum in a week...

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

going to the Tezuka museum in a week...

Postby Rocku » Sun May 23, 2010 3:40 am

"There are demons in my soup. There are monsters in my damn soup."

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Fauna » Mon May 24, 2010 6:28 am

Fauna

Tezuka Nut

Postby Manetoys » Wed May 26, 2010 1:25 am

Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Rocku » Fri May 28, 2010 9:37 pm

heading for Logan at 4 AM tomorrow (There's a 4 in the morning now?), and then have a short layover in New Jersey before a 13 hour flight.

Depending on where I get wi-fi I can probably post the pics from the museum while i'm there instead of waiting till I get back to the states. and of course any other Tezuka related stuff that tickles my fancy.

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Rocku » Fri May 28, 2010 9:38 pm

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Rocku » Fri May 28, 2010 9:41 pm

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Fauna » Fri May 28, 2010 11:28 pm

Fauna

Tezuka Nut

Postby Rocku » Sat May 29, 2010 2:35 am

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby David » Sat May 29, 2010 8:21 am

I go to Osaka once or twice a month for a bit of looking around. IF you want help finding any anime/manga shops let me know.

David
David

Postby Rocku » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:26 am

howdy from Niigata, gotta hurry cause i have class soon. bought a BUTT-TON of wicked cheep Tez manga (290 yen for Alabaster? SERIOUSLY??? YES PLEASE) will take pics and post later.

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby David » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:58 am

Most of the manga/anime/collectors shops are clustered around Namba/Ebisu/Nihonbashi. And if you like Mandarake there is one in Umeda and one in Shinsaibashi. There is also a Jump shop in Umeda but there is not much there that could not be found at Animate.

Anyway, I usually go to Osaka on the weekends. Let me know what kind of schedule you have, and if it works out I'll come and show you some shops.

Also, let me know what kind of stuff you are hoping to find.

David
David

Postby Rocku » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:25 am

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Rocku » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:23 am

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Kevin » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:25 pm

New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Rocku » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:50 pm

Tezuka museum today!!!! Jealous? Yeah, you're jealous.

To hold you guys over, here are pics of some of the manga I picked up in Niigata.

Alabaster. Crossdressing Rock in vol. 2 ladies! Each vol. was like, 240 yen. YES PLEASE.

First 3 vol. of Midnight. Midnight is kinda like if Black Jack drove a taxi.

I bought this because it was cheap and I had no idea what it was. Turns out it was just the manga.

First 5 vol. of The Three Eyed One.

Ahhhh Lion Books. I had been looking for them. I want the vol. that Skunk appears in but they didn't have it in stock.... :cry: At any rate, some of these stories are insanely good.

Wonder 3, a different artists interpretation of Black Jack, and one vol. with scans for the anime put into a manga layout. Fauna, Skunk has a huge role in vol. 1 of Wonder 3! When I get back to the states, I'd be happy to scan it if you're interested.

Went to Kyoto yesterday. I think I got heatstroke...... anyway, this is at the Kyoto train station. Atom pointing in the direction of the Tezuka store. They wouldn't let me go it!!!!!! :x :x :x I couldn't because we were running low on time because one stupid girl didn't listen to directions and decided to go off on her own when we were supposed to meet. So because she was 45 minutes late I have to pay? She gets to go off shopping, leaving us waiting in the sun. Nobody sees something wrong with this? Sorry for the rant but I am seriously PISSED. OFF. I'm seriously considering just going to the Kyoto train station by myself today after the museum. People just don't understand how long I've waited to see these things. Just SEE them. YEEEEEEEAAAARRRSSSSS....

Anyway, more pics coming soon. and hopefully a few videos.

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Next

Return to General Tezuka Discussion