[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - How Do You Respond to Tezuka Haters?

How Do You Respond to Tezuka Haters?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

How Do You Respond to Tezuka Haters?

Postby Metropolisforever_2 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:09 pm

~ Diagnosed with Monmow Disease on 6/23/2010.
Metropolisforever_2

Tezuka reader

Postby blackshadow » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:16 pm

blackshadow

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:01 pm

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Tetsuwan Atomu » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:31 pm

In Holland there might not even be 100 people even knowing any anime before DragonBall Z some time's pretty annoying on school my friends (most of them are Anime fans) always make jokes to me how Astro Boy looks and whit kimba they don't even understand what i would like about it and they say Black jack looks stupid and they laugh about Black and White Animation.
The only thing that really works is ignoring it even when i say that without Tezuka there favourite series would most likely not have existed they just say things like someone had to be the first and if i would buy a car i would't buy one from 50 years ago and stupid things like that.
:(
Tetsuwan Atomu

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:42 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Duofan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:42 pm

Yeah at my local anime convention in Montreal, there was a Black Jack cosplayer, I took a photo and I bumped into a Black Jack fan and inquired if he had met the cosplayer himself. The cosplayer informed him that only 3 people recognized him and knew who Black Jack is!! ( I work for the con and we estimated that we had 5000 - 9000 people roughly )

ANYWAYS makes me sad :(

But I convert people into reading it. I remember I started buying the French volumes and my boyfriend would inquire of what I was reading, he saw the drawings and scoffed at the childish nature of it. SO one day I was busy with homework and I told him to read some Black Jack because have to work.

After a few days he begged me to have more XD Then he started to read any black Jacks I purchased, then he went by himself and got MW , Dororo, Ode to Kirihito etc.

Another instance was a co worker and he was studying japanese and he made fun of Tezuka, I told him he should give it a chance because I did too. So I lent him Black Jack 1, the next day he rushed to my desk and wanted to read more! I have another co worker and she read a bit of Black Jack and now we have fun drawing fanart of Black Jack x Pinoko XD

Point being is, I think people judge the book by its cover. They see the style and they often go : Ew omg look at that, so childish!! I bet the stories are lame! " but they never actually READ it.

Now all the anime and mangas are all about big explosions, robots, super crazy action scenes and boobs, not all but most. The other thing is that people do not read Slice of life type of stuff or moral stuff , so that kinda rules out Black Jack a bit.

It's crazy how a lot of anime series are loosely based off or inspired by Tezuka's series. Like Dororo, I mean Blade of the Immortal has the same main characters ( Main Guy is strong, can't really die or has powers, has to do something to be able to finally become "one" again, has a sidekick who wants revenge, the same goes for Samurai Deeper Kyo. The other series I was surprised to find myself getting a vibe was Honey & Clover. I actually saw Chika Umino publishing BLACK JACK x Slam Dunk doujinshis.
Honey & Clover has a main girl, Hagu Chan, who is young and very small, has an amazing talent and is mature and her guardian is an art teacher who, in his duties, to support and take care of Hagu Chan but also in the end falls in love with her. Also, it has the same vibe with the "clover" giving a clover to the one you love, to give him luck and success in his life. Pinoko giving Black Jack a clover in her letter, and Hagu Chan giving a clover to her guardian Shūji Hanamoto and one in the end of the series, Takemoto Kun.

I'm probably just crazy, but I am sure more and more people will slowly start reading it again. I tend to think it is not as much popular because the mangas aren't uploaded anywhere online for fear of copyright infringement. I mean, there are SO many series hosted online but Black Jack isn't found anywhere and a lot of Manga fans are, kinda poor or don't want to buy manga and having them lying there ona bookshelf if they just read it once. So once the series is more available online via, probably the Manga project crunchyroll is doing, tezuka might be a bit better known, till then, fans gotta spread Tezuka Love around!

Sorry blocks of text haha!
Duofan

Tezuka reader

Postby Tetsuwan » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:15 pm

With every life starts a new beginning. With every new story starts a new chapter
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby Xenops » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:11 am

Xenops

Tezuka Nut

Postby Manetoys » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:52 am

Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Manetoys » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:26 am

Or better yet...
Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

Postby hont » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:05 pm

hont

Re: How Do You Respond to Tezuka Haters?

Postby Saruta » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:06 am

I'd put it in a much simpler way.

Without Tezuka, there would have been no manga as we know it.

If they just hate manga and anime why bother debating? If they like it - Tezuka started it. This is a historical fact. "Not liking Tezuka" and liking manga/anime makes about as much sense as "not liking Charlie Chaplin" if you love movies.

One might not spend too much time reading/watching Tezuka or watching Chaplin. It's a matter of taste. But bashing the classics/founders simply does not work if you like what they started.
Saruta

Tezuka reader

Re:

Postby Bigdog » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:24 pm

Bigdog

Tezuka reader

Re:

Postby Saruta » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:36 pm

Saruta

Tezuka reader

Re: Re:

Postby Bigdog » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:03 pm