[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Confused about Midnight

Confused about Midnight

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Confused about Midnight

Postby Xenops » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:32 am

I couldn't find a thread already pertaining to this, so:

the main site didn't have any information on this series, so I'm curious as to when it came out? How many chapters are there? How long was the run? Was it popular at all? It's about a taxi driver, yes?

I'm also confused as to why it's considered a series about "Black Jack driving a taxi". I see some facial resemblance, and that's about it. :?
Xenops

Tezuka Nut

Postby strobe_z » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:08 pm

I'm sure I can dig up all the specific information you requested, but the one thing I can answer off the top of my head is why it's referred to as "Black Jack with a taxi." The series is similar in tone to Black Jack - Midnight (that's his name) is a night shift taxi driver. He's an independent (i.e. He doesn't work for a company) and doesn't have a license. His adventures all revolve around the people he meets during his shift. Sometimes he helps them, sometimes teaches them a lesson if they deserve it.

Oh and he has a robot car. :)
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Return to General Tezuka Discussion