[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Star System pay scale translation

Star System pay scale translation

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Dr. Jerk » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:34 am

Dr. Jerk

Tezuka Nut

Postby Rocku » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:57 pm

"There are demons in my soup. There are monsters in my damn soup."

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Re: Star System pay scale translation

Postby madamluna » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:42 am

OH HEY BIG NEWS

It turns out that I can totally borrow the set of Osamu Tezuka's personal notebooks through the university library system! Actually I tried to order a bunch and they kept messing up my requests/holds, so I was only able to get one of them right now. Thankfully, the one I got was the jackpot! This is the exact notebook that Tezuka recorded all of his Star System/actors' studio stuff in! I took a bunch of photos of it today. You can see my entire album at full size, but here are some previews.

It's a slim brown volume that looks VERY CLASSY, for one thing. When you open it right up, the first page is the Star System pay scale:

Then there are a few mostly blank pages and then an actual explanation of the agencies used on the pay scale, (brilliant, papillio, p.p.p.)thank God. I'll see if I can't run them past my translator buddy soon. Also, Higeoyaji. I have closeups of all of these in my web album link up there.

The bulk of it is character profiles like Higeoyaji's over there, with clipped-out pieces of character art and little descriptions. Most of these are already on the TezukaOsamu.net so I didn't take photos of most of them, but I did cap some of the more obscure ones.

Here are some cute bug people! I'm not sure what they're from or why they're in here, but they're very nicely drawn.

This is one of my favorite pages. Tezuka's studio had its own baseball team, the Tiger Stars!

After that is a double-page spread about which actors belong to which agency. It's all pretty much just stuff from the pay scale.

After that are a bunch of double-page spreads labeled with years like "1951," "1953" and "1961." I think these are just a list of his important releases in each year and their stars.

I have no idea what this is, but all I know is that "ケン1" (Ken-ichi) is a cute pun so I took a photo of it.

And that's the book! It's really cute and interesting, so I'm glad I could get my hands on a copy of it. Sorry that my camera had some dust on it, but I retouched the worst parts.
"Japan is an island nation in East Asia. Located in the Pacific Ocean, it was invented when Osamu Tezuka (lit "The Godfather") created anime." -
madamluna

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:01 am

That's great! How in the world did that end up in your library. Never would've occurred to me to check on it... Cool.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby madamluna » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:12 am

"Japan is an island nation in East Asia. Located in the Pacific Ocean, it was invented when Osamu Tezuka (lit "The Godfather") created anime." -
madamluna

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:15 am

So that's his actual real notebook? Geeez... Am I ever jealous.

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Bigdog » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:02 am

I'd buy them if possible and or send it to Japan for that museum of his . These things need to be preserved.

Do they have the original Astro Boy manga stories ran through the magazine out of curiosity's sake before they were reworked?
Bigdog

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:16 am

Isn't that one of the replicas they released last year?
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby madamluna » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:31 am

madamluna

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:31 am

Geeeez...

strobe_z

Webmaster

Previous

Return to General Tezuka Discussion