[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Macoto Tezka completing Legend of the Forest

Macoto Tezka completing Legend of the Forest

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Macoto Tezka completing Legend of the Forest

Postby F-Man » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:43 am

This was revealed a few years ago and we're finally hearing more about it in the form of a preview and release date for the second movement!

http://www.brillia-sst.jp/topic/2014/09/post-222.html
http://tezukaosamu.net/jp/news/n_1478.html

Looks like it will be premiered at the Hiroshima International Animation Festival on August 21st.

Tezuka's first and final movements of the film set to Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 4 are of course available on the Astonishing Work of Tezuka Osamu DVD by Kimstim.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Re: Macoto Tezka completing Legend of the Forest

Postby phap » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:16 am

Oh yes pleaasse!
Do you know if there is also any intention to finish some unfinished stories like gringo? I can't live without knowing what happened to the poor guy, and I have not enough imagination to figure it out myself. Anyway great news.
phap

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:48 am

I strongly doubt anyone would dare go near Tezuka's manga. Whatever is unfinished will most likely remain unfinished forever. Animation though, being more of a team sport anyway, makes it easier to finish off "as per Tezuka's wishes". I mean, there's no way Tezuka was ever going to animate Legend of the Forest himself, it was always going to be him directing the work of others.... Something which could be more or less accomplished beyond the grave through his son.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Jeffbert » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:31 pm

Actually, W3 episode #4, Camphor Tree Story was a very similar thing, no dialogue (as I recall), Ludwig Van's Pastoral Symphony rather than Pyotr Ilyich's 5th (I think). Though neither Bluto nor Hitler were featured as the wood cutting crew; also no Olive Oyl, either.
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby F-Man » Fri May 22, 2015 1:29 am

! Actually, it not only includes Legend of the Forest Part 2 but also all the 13 other films we have on the US KimStim DVD, and Cigarettes and Ashes which we don't have.

No English subtitles, but most of these are silent or were made with English text to begin with. I'll definitely be importing this.
Last edited by F-Man on Mon May 25, 2015 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Jeffbert » Mon May 25, 2015 12:01 am

I would be interested in the actors who appear in it, esp. if this was designed by Osamu Tezuka himself, as opposed to someone else.
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Return to General Tezuka Discussion