[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - There was a Tezuka channel in Japan.

There was a Tezuka channel in Japan.

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

There was a Tezuka channel in Japan.

Postby Metropolisforever » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:11 pm

There are also Tezuka shops.

I wish we had these in America!Image

My god, a 24/7 Tezuka channel.

What more could you want?

By the way, I had my bookstore order Phoenix 5, Phoenix 2, and Ode to Kirihito.

It's odd that Ode to Kirihito is not listed on the official Tezuka site.
Last edited by Metropolisforever on Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED.
Metropolisforever

Banned

Re: There was a Tezuka channel in Japan.

Postby strobe_z » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:22 am

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby cmoon » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:23 pm

Maybe people haven't gotten around to reading Kirihito, it is 900 pages afterall.

Mmmm, I worry about 'all tezuka' channel or store. Look how bad the all-Disney equivalents are? Of course, if a channel aired things by Tezuka or akin to Tezuka's mode of thought, well then we'd have something very different.

I can't help but imagine such a channel would at least in part be dedicated to current environmental issues, examining the plight of the underpriviledged, etc., etc. Of course, these programs would be interrupted by infomercials of Rock trying to sell you crap you don't need (like clones of his secretary, etc.)

:P
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby mippa » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:28 am

mippa

Tezuka Nut

Postby Ash » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:32 am

I'm going this summer to Kyoto, so I for one am making sure to drop by the Tezuka store there ^___^
"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby putrocca » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:22 pm

Actually, there was a Tezuka Store briefly in New York city but it didn't do decent business so it closed.

It's not that odd that "Ode to Kirihito" has no page on Tezuka world, only about 100 series have them, and there are 700 series, so the odds are 1 in 7 that a series will have one.
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Manetoys » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:52 pm

Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

Return to General Tezuka Discussion