[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - TezukaInEnglish.com Site Update Announcements

TezukaInEnglish.com Site Update Announcements

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

TezukaInEnglish.com Site Update Announcements

Postby putrocca » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:55 pm

Rather than starting a new thread each time I want to post abot a new addition to TezukaInEnglish.com, I am going to make one thread where I can keep posting when new exciting elements are added to the site.

OLD MESSAGE: I am delighted to announce that the analyical essay about Rock which I've been working on for five years is finally finished and online:

It's still missing a couple illustrations, but has almost all of them, certainly enough to let you follow the argument. I'll be very excited to hear what you think of it, and to discuss it with you, since I know a lot of you have been wondering why I like Rock so much, and I also think it's a great sample of how cross-series character analysis can work in the Tezuka universe.

One warning, the essay is full of plot spoiler s for Buddha, Phoenix, Black Jack, Astro Boy, MW, Alabaster, Adventures of Rock, Metropolis, Prince Norman and a few other things, so if any of you want to hold off on reading to not ruin plot, that may be wise.
Last edited by putrocca on Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby cmoon » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:37 pm

Reminds me I need to get to work on that Jungle Emperor paper...
cmoon

Photoshop Sequences

Postby putrocca » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:51 am

NEW SITE UPDATE: Photoshop sequences

At the request of several site users, I have finally posted my "Funny Tezuka Photoshop Sequences." These are tezuka crossover stories told by photo-editing dialogue bubbles onto screencaps from various Tezuka anime. They are very amusing, and more entertaining the more Tezuka you know. So far there are two online: if anyone else feels like making similar sequences I'll happily add them.

http://tezukainenglish.com/?q=node/127
putrocca

Site Founder

Re: Photoshop Sequences

Postby Hekima » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:01 pm

Hekima

Tezuka reader

Postby putrocca » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:37 pm

putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:24 pm

Ataru Moroboshi

Tezuka Nut

Postby putrocca » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:43 pm

It's a mystery novel, almost impossible to find on Tezuka World:

putrocca

Site Founder

Postby putrocca » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:38 pm

NEW UPDATES:

A page about Naoki Urasawa's superb Pluto manga:

And finally a proper review of the 2003 Astro Boy TV series:

Still seeking people willing to contribute brief series pages to cover many series we don't have yet, listed here:

And in very exciting news, some of you have already heard about this, but Tezuka Productions has now become aware of the existance of this web page and are excited about developing it as an English-based Osamu Tezuka web resource. I recently had a meeting with some of their representatives in New York and we talked about the help can help them publicize international releases, post press releases about new Japanese developments, reinforce their US copyright, and find them audiences for new releases and merchandise sales. Working with them will be a long and slow process, but we're very excited at the prospect. This new development also means we need more help than ever in order to expand to cover new things, so anyone willing to contribute should definitely contact me.
putrocca

Site Founder

Return to General Tezuka Discussion