[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Phoenix 2772

Phoenix 2772

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Phoenix 2772

Postby cmoon » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:12 pm

cmoon

Postby putrocca » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:00 am

- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby cmoon » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:09 pm

cmoon

Postby snake search » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:25 pm

snake search

Tezuka reader

Postby putrocca » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:33 pm

That's correct, usually the dub is cut and the sub isn't. According to the Internet Movie Database the original version is 122 minutes and the cut version is 95 minutes.

Anyone willing to make an info page for the movie for me to post?
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby cmoon » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:36 pm

cmoon

Postby putrocca » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:13 pm

You can just look at the info pages we have for other works like the New Treasure Island movie or Marine Express and get a sense of what's good in a series page. It's pretty freeform.
putrocca

Site Founder

Re: Phoenix 2772

Postby Saruta » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:39 am

OK, reviving ancient ythread after scouring the site for it - because I really started out as a fan of THIS movie and largely remain that...

What I could get in 1998 was an English VHS version that lasted 120 minutes. Apparently they put the old dub onto the uncut video?

I found the movie rather deeper than some critics find it. There seems to be a lot of backstory that just was not told. To start with, a mere child's teacher robot - with an ability to turn into several forms of transport including one suitable for space, and *battle skills*?

(And here I finish before descending into Olga-Olga-OLGA. Wrong character, yeah. But that's how it felt for me back then).
Saruta

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:14 am

Although I'm usually all for keeping films in their original incarnation, I've often had the idea that I sure wouldn't mind a version of this movie that corrected all the technical flaws. The wobbly outlines, glitches in animation, lip sync, the music scenes where the timing is off. And then release that on a DVD also with the original version. I just hate to see these faults on what is absolutely an unique work of art.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Saruta » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:29 pm

Lip sync issues are simply dub related, one would not expect those corrected.

As for the rest - I doubt the cels etc still exist. The only possibility would be a full remake. But, what would a (likely 3D) Olga developed without Tezuka look like? and more importantly what would happen to the story?! Remember the recent Astro Boy :(
Saruta

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:17 pm

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Saruta » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:45 pm

Who would even be interested in a remix staying in line with Tezuka's vision? Rintaro, perhaps. But he is old and gray.

As for a "bugfix" - who decides what are bugs and what are features? For example, I think Olga's hair, the way it is, is outright marvelous. But some think it is illogically "moving on its own".
Saruta

Tezuka reader

Return to General Tezuka Discussion