[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Mushi Pro/ Wata no Kuni-hoshi

Mushi Pro/ Wata no Kuni-hoshi

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Mushi Pro/ Wata no Kuni-hoshi

Postby David » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:09 pm

I recently watched this movie on Japanese TV,
Wata no Kuni-hoshi, aka The Star of Cottonland

http://www.themanime.org/viewreview.php?id=955

I liked it and was surprised to see it was produced by Mushi Pro.
Unless I am mistaken Tezuka was not at all involved.

If that is true, I'm just curious if Mushi Pro produced many anime
which Tezuka did not create, and did not not direct or produce.

AND to help me fill in for the Japanese I could not understand I'm hunting for a fansub.
I wrote a few places on line but they were either closed, or no longer had it, etc,
If any one can do me a favor locating a copy would be
very appreciative.

David

thanks,

David
David

Postby mippa » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:21 pm

Doinkies gave me the copy of the fansub, and I would be happy to get online and send it to you sometime. I love it. It made me cry, but I am that way with cats. ^^;;
mippa

Tezuka Nut

Postby Path » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:58 am

The manga (which is still available,I think) made me cry like a baby. I saw the movie only a year or so ago (via fansub) and it was very well done, even if it ended around book 1 (of 4) of my bunko mangas. I think my favorite part (besides the delicate piano music sprinkled throughout) was Chibi-Neko's expressions.
We will meet again, when the loops of time touch.
Path

Tezuka reader

Return to General Tezuka Discussion