[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Astrboy Movie News and Images

Astrboy Movie News and Images

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Tetsuwan » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:35 pm

With every life starts a new beginning. With every new story starts a new chapter
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Comic Con update

Postby Tetsuwan » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:56 am

Here's a quick run down on the Iamgi/Summit Entertainment's Astroboy panel

Summit Entertainment, the studio releasing the Twilight sequel New Moon and the CGI feature Astro Boy, announced that Samuel L. Jackson and Charlize Theron have signed on join the voice cast for Astro Boy. Several media sources claimed that their characters were not revealed, but after a little digging I discovered (via io9.com, linked below) that Jackson will be voicing a
With every life starts a new beginning. With every new story starts a new chapter
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby Hyou-tan » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:41 pm

Thanks for all the information! As for me, it's been my experience that films based off of Tezuka's manga are either gems (like the new Metropolis) or... disasters. (Too many to count.)

I'm a little wary of the new 3-D style, though; how can a modeled character feel like sensei's original drawings? I saw a preview for the film recently, and I gotta say, the scientist in the film looked nothing like Ochanomizu. ><

That being said, though, I do hope that Astro Boy's charm and feeling can be brought to the younger generation. It would do today's kids good, I think. If even a portion of Tezuka's original themes and motifs survive in this film, it will surely make a strong and appealing movie.
Image < wut I looks like. srsly.
Hyou-tan

3 minute extended clip

Postby Tetsuwan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:47 am

Here is a 3 minute 25 sec clip

Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kevin » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:13 am

The Book based off the movie is out in barnes and noble :D I almost read it but I thought nawwwww I want to see the movie first ^_^
New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Skrcha » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:12 pm

ASTRO: Again?! What's with you guys?!
SOLDIER: I love you...

And I bought the movie comic from Barnes and Noble last night. I'm about halfway through... I really love it so far. The same events happen as in the manga, albeit in some cases certain key events happen for different reasons. Plus the government military is thrown in, which we all know wasn't part of the original story. ;)

I hope this movie does well so we can get a sequel with a villain like Blue Knight or Pluto. *_*
Skrcha

Tezuka reader

Postby Tetsuwan » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:26 am

More clips

Peace Keeper 55 sec clip

The Robot Games 1 minute 11 seconds
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby F-Man » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:04 am

Also

And .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby David » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:21 pm

The movie opened in Japan today. Oct 10. Did it really open in Japan before US? David
David

Postby Kevin » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:38 pm

spoilers.

Ok so it's a good thing I saw a couple of the movie trailers, because this movie deviates more from the series than any other series with which I am familiar.

Apparently Tenma is a good guy? Dunno what to make of that. Guess they didn't want an angry father figure in a cartoon they're trying to use to pull in the little kid audience?

Lots of military vs Astro action apparently. I kinda hoped they would've stuck with the whole defender of Metro City more than just Astro vs the military. It makes sense to have Astro fight off the military and the robots when the war between humans and robots ignites, but this is just kinda strange.

I'm still anxious to see the film, but it's a good thing I was prepared for what appears to be some major plot changes.
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Tetsuwan » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:37 pm

The pic was released this week in Hong Kong and Saturday in Japan. Over the next fortnight it will roll out across much of the Asia-Pacific region. The China debut is set for Oct. 23, the same day as it begins a wide release through Summit Entertainment in North America.

Initial reactions from the Tokyo premiere Monday suggest that the careful modernization of the Atom character has kept the film true to the original concept and acceptable to the millions of Japanese who watched the TV series. Meanwhile, for Americans and international audiences beyond Asia, the film appears to be American, or at least fashioned in the same way as a Pixar original. That
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby Tetsuwan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:15 pm

Not sure this is good news or not:

Q: Astro Boy has a very interesting hairdo -- how did you make the spikes work in 3D?

A: I probably shouldn't tell you this. The graphic image is great, but in three dimensions when he turns his head one of the hair points disappears. So I swap it over every now and again. So it points left in some shots and right in the others. It's just like Mickey Mouse's ears.

This on the other hand:

Q: Astro Boy 2?

A: Oh who knows. I'm crossing my fingers for this first movie to do well. We took it to Japan and there was a little bit of reluctance on their part because it was perceived as a foreigner taking over one of their properties. But in truth, everybody who saw it loved it.

Got from this article:

Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kevin » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:45 pm

That bit about astro's hair, if you notice in the manga and every cartoon series - they basically do the same thing. It's like Lisa Simpson's spikey hair.
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Jeffbert » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:35 am

Jeffbert

Postby F-Man » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:03 am

F-Man

Tezuka Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Astro Boy