[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Astrboy Movie News and Images

Astrboy Movie News and Images

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby F-Man » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:34 am

Saw it a second time. :)

This time it wasn't stretched, but some bars appeared over the image during the previews just before the movie started. They were later physically removed (like really, you could tell someone removed the mask with his hands from the projector) right at the part where I arrived in the theater last time, when Astro disappears. And oh was the image sweet! It was like Blu-ray! No blurriness for once!

You can probably tell I hate theaters, but when (so rarely) done right, they kick ass.

Two things that the trailers helped me notice: as can be seen in , at 1:22, Astro's pants look as concrete as metal. I thought the animation may still be incomplete but now having seen the full image in theaters, it wasn't fixed. Also, remember the trailer when you see Astro in classic outfit flying towards us and punches the camera? He's flying through floors in a building at first, also in classic outfit. That flying up the building scene appears in the movie before he fights with the Peacekeeper, when he still should have his clothes on.

Maybe someone could contact Mr. Bowers to get this fixed for the home video release. :)

(Astro's friends are still ugly)
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Kevin » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:41 am

well it sounds like you definitely had a better time this second time around.

I looked for those things and I don't quite recall them, but I must've just been distracted :D I love the movie :D If I can afford to I will see it again, but it is so expensive anymore.

edit: concerning that clip.... they're just stiff pants. I don't really have a problem with it. Most clothes in CGI movies have very little animation to them, I consider it to be consistent with the rest of the film.
New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Jeffbert » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:50 am

I saw it at the 2 PM showing and I was alone in the theater. I do not suppose this is unusual, as the kids are in school at this time. It was years since the last time I ate 1/2 pound of Reese's Pieces, but I was not wanting popcorn or other candy. I have a large bag of Dark M&Ms Peanuts, but forgot to bring it. Yes, I admit it, I was a candy smuggler!:devil:

Anyway, I had written a sheet of notes I made, & I will likely post a few of those soon. For now, let me just say that while some things irked me, I was not disappointed in how much of the astroboy universe they put in this film. I think Uran's presence would have wrecked the film, as she would need her own origin story & including that would have been too much.

I saw:
Tezuka
Hyoutantsugi
& I believe the short round bald guy must have been Rommel.

I will run the DVD at 1/2 speed once I get it, so I can see if any others are hiding in it as were Atom & Uran in the Jungle Emperor film of a few years ago.
Jeffbert

Postby Kevin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:13 am

I thought you'd like it overall, JB :D

The more I think about the film the more I like it. Some things were changed, but as tezuka himself wrote in one of the forwards of my copies, he changed things himself to tel lthe story.

I hope they make a sequel I loved it :)
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Jeffbert » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:28 am

Actually, the J language pages of the new Tezuka site show 2 or 3 recent Astroboy animated cartoons. I think they were TV movies, but am unsure. There is no question of Atom's popularity in Japan; but in the USA, he is just not cool among the masses.
Jeffbert

Postby BBally » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:50 am

BBally

Tezuka reader

Postby Skrcha » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:37 pm

Skrcha

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:10 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Kevin » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:40 am

ok wow, so boxofficemojo.com is really skewing the astroboy numbers. They refuse to report Chinese and Japanese take ins for the movie, and barely covered the European releases.

Please email boxofficemojo.com to correct their misinformation campaign.
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby F-Man » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:43 pm

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby F-Man » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:25 am

DVDBeaver is first with a Blu-ray review (that I have seen)

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRevie ... lu-ray.htm

Great screens! Marvel at !

It seems like the menu may include the little Astro animations from the official website. I'm glad cause I thought they were really cute and expertly made and wanted to have them saved some way! Ahah!

Unfortunately, it seems like the deleted scenes and new animated sequences really were one and the same after all.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Previous

Return to Astro Boy