[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Cosplay idea

Cosplay idea

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Cosplay idea

Postby Manetoys » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:28 pm

When going to Anime Boston '08, I noticed a pattern in some cosplayers. Some dressed up as a character, and also carried plushes of the character that always follows them around in the series. For example, I saw cosplayers of Light from Death Note carrying Ryuk plushes, and cosplayers of Axel from Kingdom Hearts carrying Roxas plushes. So this gave me an idea. I want to dress as Dr. Ochanomizu and carry an Astro Boy plush. I've already got the plush, I just need the costume
This is the look I plan on doing. Partially because it's his classic Manga look, (But also because it would be easier than his 2003 look :p ) All I need is a trip to the Salvation army for a white coat, brown pants, and a green tie. (I've already got a blue office shirt and a pair of black business shoes. What i'm really concerned about is the hair. What does everyone think of this idea? Any ideas? on how to do it?
Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

Postby strobe_z » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:08 pm

It's a good idea. For the hair, why don't you use cotton (you might be able to find some at a craft store... or destroy a pillow...) get it in the right shape and then hairspray the heck out of it. You can get a skin coloured skull cap (maybe at a novelty store... but with Halloween coming up they should be pretty easy to find) and the glue the cotton to either side.

The bigger issue is the nose... You need a HUGE fake nose. Maybe some foam and elastic?
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Kuririn » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:58 pm

I carried a Sharaku plush for my Wato cosplay. :)

Strobe's got the right suggestions here. You might even want to look into an actual fake nose while the Halloween stuff is out, as there's little hope of finding something like that the rest of the year. I have seen them before, though.
Image "Or the moment
when you know it's over and the nothing which you
have to say is falling all around you, lavishly,
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Manetoys » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:20 pm

Haven't seen much in the way of fake noses unfortunately. As for the hair, I like the cotton idea but do you think I can find a bald cap to match my skin? I'm kinda dark colored.
Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

Postby strobe_z » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:02 pm

I'm pretty sure skull-caps come in all shades... at least they should.

Halloween is the best time to find this kind of stuff cheap... but you could also see if there's a "magic and gags" type store in your area. I'm sure they'd carry something like that.

What you might want to do is get a fake nose (the biggest you can find) and use that as a base upon which to build a REALLY big nose...
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Manetoys » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:33 pm

Oh my god, me trying to get anywhere with a giant Ochanomizu nose :shock:
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!
Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

Return to Astro Boy