The Life & Death of The Mighty Atom (comic)

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

The Life & Death of The Mighty Atom (comic)

Postby Dr. Jerk » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:09 pm

(This thread was originally posted on Astro Boy Online.)

"Ladies and 'gents, I'd like to introduce my latest piece of crud.

My own silent comic retelling of Astro Boy, which I entitle The Life & Death of The Mighty Atom.

(Crystalbear is the name I go by on Smackjeeves, and Karen is not my real name, just a pen name I would like to go by.)

By no means, the art in this doesn't look as good as the cover page... Actually some of my other art looks better than this. While I tried to make this art very good as much as I could, there's still a great many a flaw. I'm particularly not fond of how I drew Tenma whatsoever, nor am I happy on some of the backgrounds, among other things.

To be completely honest, I'm even somewhat embarrassed to even show this, especially to other Tezuka fans. So by all means, if you're looking for good art, pick up one of Tezuka's books at your local book store today, or from your shelves. But ahem, moving on.

This thing actually took me forever to do, and I started sometime in either late October or early November. It would have been finished sooner if something more important hadn't popped up, making me drop everything in the process. I also realized that one of the pages was very awkward so I had to redraw it, and even then it still does not make much sense. But as of today, I've got some of the pages up.

I was actually making four pages, two of the pages are now up and the other two will be posted over the weeks. This comic is only going to be a short one-shot with at least 15 pages planned. Each page unfortunately takes me a very long while to do, so updates will probably have to be random. If anyone would like, I could also post here whenever there is an update.

Finally, this isn't meant to replace Tezuka's own Atom, not at all by any means. Rather this is my own telling of events, set in a somewhat different way and tone, and is also meant to hopefully expand interest in Tezuka to more people.

Right, link is below if you would like to read."

http://lifeanddeathmightyatom.smackjeeves.com/

As of the posting of this thread on TiE, the comic currently has five pages. Page six is being worked on right now. I'll probably post for whenever there is an update...
Dr. Jerk

Tezuka Nut

Return to Astro Boy