[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Astro Boy 2003 epidode 34 - Saruta's real daughter?

Astro Boy 2003 epidode 34 - Saruta's real daughter?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Astro Boy 2003 epidode 34 - Saruta's real daughter?

Postby Saruta » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:02 pm

Hello,

I have watched the episode (was interested in the new "incarnation" of Tamami), but I could only find the English dub. Never mind that she is called Penelope and that Ochanomizu is now an Irishman - there's something more important apparently missing.

Tamami/Penelope, according to the dub, morphed into a girl "just like Saruta's daughter".

What happened to the original daughter?

If she were alive, out and about, Rock would probably look for a way to use her. But she never appears and is never mentioned except once when Tamami,s original morph is described.

Perhaps the originag explains this? Whoever has watched and understands the Japanese please do answer!

(I could not find a fansub).

P.S. The thing is, apparently, fan fiction. But it's *good* fan fiction :) I like this version of Saruta, sure I do! (Wait - that last one would be Dr O'Shea's line in the dub ;) )
Saruta

Tezuka reader

Re: Astro Boy 2003 epidode 34 - Saruta's real daughter?

Postby Flow Atom-fan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:14 pm

I asking myself the same question about that...

But I think yes, the Saruta's daughter is dead... Like you I would like to see the japanese episodes of the serie to see more of Astro Boy 2003 (because the english and french version are diferent...)
HYOTANTSUGIII !!!

you can check my galerie on tezuka world on DA ;D
Flow Atom-fan

Tezuka reader

Postby Jeffbert » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:30 pm

I cannot recall much from the 2003 series, though I have details on my desktop PC, but in PHOENIX, Saruta lives as a hermit, whose only companion is a MOOPIE, a morphing creature that took a feminine form. This episode was based on that arc from PHOENIX.
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Flow Atom-fan » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:22 pm

oh, I didn't know... It's in which number on the manga?
HYOTANTSUGIII !!!

you can check my galerie on tezuka world on DA ;D
Flow Atom-fan

Tezuka reader

Postby Jeffbert » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:05 am

Sorry for my poor memory, but Saruta is a hermit, though he takes in two fugitives fleeing from Rock's civilization, & Rock in particular. the man is ‘Yamanobe’ & ‘Tamami’ is the moopie. Volume 2, FUTURE details their story.

Ooops: edit: Saruta does have many daughters in this story, "HE-CREATED-COUNTLESS-ROBOT-LOVERS-WIVES-AND-DAUGHTERS" P75 :mrgreen:
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Return to Astro Boy