[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Astro fangirls and Kathy (1980)

Astro fangirls and Kathy (1980)

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Astro fangirls and Kathy (1980)

Postby Saruta » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:20 pm

Hello,

I happened to see episode 2 of Astro Boy 1980 today - and Kathy seems so recognizable!

This is NOT in any way intended to offend them. (In fact, Tezuka fans being so rare on the ground, I'd gladly hug any of them including the Astro fangirl... I'd probably think twice about the hug if it was an MW fanboy though).

Kathy is a good character throughout. Pity she does not appear in more episodes - or does she? I'm no Astro expert, I've not seen it ALL.

Might she actually be their image to start with? Perhaps - pure speculation here - Tezuka wrote the manga and original anime for boys, then saw the girls liking Astro too? And, being who he was, wrote their image into the new version?
Saruta

Tezuka reader

Re: Astro fangirls and Kathy (1980)

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:47 pm

Hm... I remember a full-grown adult woman (the daughter of his rich friend, formerly a "professional" hobo) declaring her love for Astro in 1967's "Stories of Astroboy". Shall we consider this as an anticipation of the issue you're referring? I mean as way to please Astro's fangirls.

Or did I miss the point of the post? "Inter nos", I don't like those hysterical Astro FGs at all, but they're mostly 12-14 yr. old girls: gine 'em a couple of years and they'll laugh at it all when recalling this issue.
Ataru Moroboshi

Tezuka Nut

Postby Saruta » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:06 am

I did not know the 1967 plot. How does it end?

I know at least one Astro loving fangirl who is older (nearly 18) and actually draws well. I am actually writing a fiction piece for her, with herself cast as the main role and an elaborate '63 based alternate history setting: http://ramendik.deviantart.com/art/The- ... -266591151
Saruta

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:05 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:01 pm

Ataru Moroboshi

Tezuka Nut

Postby Manetoys » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:12 am

Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:20 pm

Ataru Moroboshi

Tezuka Nut

Postby Jeffbert » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:29 pm

Scara (Scala) the insectoid (borrowing the 'word' from the F4's description of the character ) who acts in the role of Jiminy Cricket. :P Awww! so cute! But that inside Atom's chest is or was a self-destruct system, is a bit of a :P all too convenient, if you ask me. :P

Spica is the true morphing character to put the T-1000 to shame.

About Kathy, Melmo has two episodes with a very similar character:

has a Nazi-like woman who resembles Kathy

&

has a rich brat who resembles a child version of Kathy.
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:17 pm

Ataru Moroboshi

Tezuka Nut

Postby Jeffbert » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:04 pm

:P

EDIT: that is the 1st I ever heard of "GARY STU," though the concept itself is not unfamiliar.
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Return to Astro Boy