Tetsuwan Atom: 'Red Mask'

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Tetsuwan Atom: 'Red Mask'

Postby Toshio Tenma » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:35 am

Before starting the fanfic here is the plot:
Atom became overconfident after winning against several misguided robots and escaping several traps made by anti-robot extremists and as well capturing notorious criminals like Skunk Kusai.
Due to that, Dr. Ochanomizu believe Atom may get in trouble, but decide to try let him learn his lesson. Hopping, however, that he don't get in serious trouble.
Meanwhile, Shadow believing Atom's overconfidence as a potential weakness sends the robot bounty hunter Boga who use a peculiar sword which can absorb energy of any robot upon contact.
Boga challenges Atom who underestimate his power, due that Atom grabs the 'Vital Blade' attack while attempting to disarm his enemy.
However, it turned as a trap and Atom get most of his energy sucked away.
When Boga was about to deliver the killing blow, a mysterious robot with a peculiar red mask appears and save Atom by slicing Boga who flee from the scene... The mysterious robot leaves while Atom faint due his energy having almost depleted. Later, Atom awoke up in the institute of science being watched over by both Dr. Ochanomizu and Uran.
Who's 'Red Mask" and why he saved Atom?
Characters:
Atom: A super robot with the form of a child, he became overconfident during his adventures which later turned out a bad mistake. He is almost destroyed in a trap led by a bounty hunter and then was saved in the blink of eye by a mysterious robot.
-
Professor Ochanomizu: Atom's father figure who responsabilize for him while Dr. Tenma is missing and probably dead. He is always supportive of Atom and noticed he became overconfident, but hopped Atom would not be in a serious trouble and he would learn from his mistake. It turned a error, since Atom almost got destroyed.
-
Uran: Atom's robotic sister made by Dr. Ochanomizu who used Atom's original blueprints. Despite this, she doesn't have all Atom's powers and weapons due a design choice of her creator. However she have abilities of her own like being able to understand animals and detect people's feelings and is also best known for conforting people who are sad.
-
Shadow: A robot created by Dr. Tenma in order to assist him in his research, He start to work on his own research after Dr. Tenma vanishes.
He becomes fascinated with Atom's deeds and believe him to be a good subject of study, due to that, Shadow put Atom in several challenges in order to bring his true potential.
Upon noticing Atom's overconfidence, Shadow decides to test him by sending the robot bounty hunter Boga who wields the "Vital Blade" which can sap energy of other robots if touched. He allows Boga to kill Atom if he is defeated.
Despite Atom fails to defeat Boga, Shadow believe him worthy of study since the survival will allow him to learn from his mistake and evolve further.
-
Boga: A powerful robot bounty hunter, he was abandoned by the company which developed him after they went bankrupt, due to that he decided to live as a bounty hunter by capturing several criminals and earning money in order to sustain himself and buy necessary spare parts. Shadow pay him 2.000.000 Zeus in order to test Atom's skills or kill him if necessary.
-
Skunk Kusai: A notorious thief who usually manipules robots to do his dirty jobs and nobody knows how many robots were disposed by him after they lived up their usefulness. He was captured by Atom and vowed that he would escape any jail and then get his revenge.
-
Gofu: Unlike the original 2003 version, Gofu is a prototype Police Robot which was stolen and modified by Skunk for criminal activities. Due being remodeled, he got a punk look and believe Skunk to be his creator, however he is not even aware of his "creator" ultimate goal for him.
-
Wily: A gangster who assist Skunk, nothing much is known about him, rather that he joined Skunk criminal ways and acts as the car's driver.
-
Dr. Tenma: Atom's creator, he went to the kingdom of Persia in order to assist his colleague Dr. Abullah in order to create a super robot. However, the kingdom of Persia was in war with the United States of Tracia during the time. Later he was considered dead after the explosion of a bomb has hit the laboratory which he was working. His body was never found, but it's believed that he was desintegrated due the huge explosion.
-
Red Mask: A mysterious child like robot who saves Atom from Boga's killing blow. Aside his peculiar red mask which he identify himself, his true identity is a mystery.
-
In the Ministry of Science...
Dr. Ochanomizu: Dr. Tenma! It's cruel leaving Atom without saying a word...
Dr. Tenma: Atom may be a robot, however he have the heart of a child... Due that, he may follow me if I tell him where I go.
Dr. Chanomizu: Will you at least keep contact?
Dr. Tenma: Of course, I'll...
Several months later...
At Ministry of Science...
Yuko (arriving into a rush): Professor Ochanomizu!! Bad news!!
Dr. Ochanomizu: What??
Yuko: Dr. Tenma's laboratory was completely destroyed by a bomb dropped by the United States of Thracia.
Dr. Ochanomizu: Impossible!! How it could happen?
Yuko: According to the information, the entire facility was completely destroyed. The search team haven't found his body, but they believe that he was desintegrated due the terrible explosion.
Dr. Ochanomizu: That's terrible, what I should say to Atom?? Hidding the truth could be more painful...
Yuko: By the way, I'm worried with Atom attitude latelly...
Dr. Ochanomizu: Uh, you're mentioning his over confidence?
Yuko: Yes... Nowadays he boasts about being able to handle anything and it doesn't sounds good. So, I believe that there may have a day which he'll be trapped and unable to do anything just by himself.
Dr. Ochanomizu: Things gotten more complicated... First he gets overconfident and now his father apparently dies... However, I hope he can learn from his error without getting in such serious trouble.
Suddenly, Inspector Tawashi enter in the room...
Inspector Tawashi: Professor Ochanomizu, we have a emergency!
Dr. Ochanomizu: Inspector Tawashi? That was sudden, what happened?
Inspector Tawashi: It's Skunk again, he stole another robot model and is using it to commit several crimes! Please dispatch Atom, my team mates are no match for that monster.
Dr. Ochanomizu: Alright, I'll contact Atom right now!
Later...
Atom (doing a patrol on the city): "Skunk... That guy never learn..."
Atom receives a communication from Inspector Tawashi and...
Inspector Tawashi (through communicator): Skunk has fleed to the subway area at sector 5! Make sure of disabling his stolen robot, we don't know how much powerful he is, so be carefull.
Atom: No problem, I'll deal with that really quick!
Inspector Tawashi (through communicator): Whatever you do, be carefull to not damage the subway. We'll surround all the exits.
Meanwhile in a building...
Mysterious Figure: "So, the 'Mighty Atom' has become overconfident? Would be that a potential weakness? Atom, you're a very interesting robot and I wish to see how much you can evolve..."
Shadow activates his communication system...
Shadow:I am Shadow, a robot scientist, I heard you're an notorious bounty hunter willing to do any job as possible. I have a interesting job for you and a generous reward if you accomplish it, Mr. Boga...
Few minutes after, in the subway...
Skunk (who notices Atom following him): Well done, Atom! You found me, however it's a trap... Gofu, go and take Atom down, it's show time!!
Gofu: Yes, sir!
Atom manage to reach Skunk's vehicle, but is stopped by a mysterious robot...
Gofu: Atom, I have received orders to destroy you!
Atom: Who are you?
Gofu: I am Gofu! Enough chat!
Gofu attack Atom with his machine gun, however Atom manage to dodge the bullets...
Atom: Stop it!! Gofu, you're being used! Skunk is a cruel criminal, he always dispose of his robots once they live up their usefulness.
Gofu: Silence!! I'll destroy you!!
Gofu does a dash punch on Atom who manage to grab...
Gofu: Huh!?
Atom: Gofu, I don't want to fight you! Stop this at once!
In Skunk's car...
Henchman: Uhhh, that Atom brat is pretty tough for his size... Can Gofu take him down?
Skunk: I don't care, after all... I already have a backup plan in mind!
Meanwhile...
Gofu: You may stopped my attack, but at this distance!
Gofu attempt to fire again, but Atom throw him away...
Atom: Guess I have no choice...
Gofu fall on ground...
Gofu: Uuugh!!
Skunk's car apphroach Gofu and Atom...
Skunk: What you think you're doing, Gofu? I tould you to destroy Atom and not waste time.
Gofu: Master Skunk...
Skunk: Guess what? You suck, I lured Atom here to take him down for once and all, so you'll be joining him!
Skunk throw a time bomb next to Atom and Gofu...
Skunk: Atom, be a good a boy and become scrap!
Atom: Wait, Skunk!!
Skunk just ignores Atom and...
Skunk: Wily, let's get outta here fast, I know a shortcut!
Wily: Alright, boss!
Gofu who fall to his knees...
Gofu: Atom, you were right... To the end I was just a pawn in his hands...
Atom who grab the time bomb...
Atom: Don't say that, Gofu! We still have hope!
Atom attempt to scan the bomb...
Atom: It'll explode in 50 seconds!! Ugh, I don't know how to diffuse the bomb!
Suddenly a holographic image of Skunk appears...
Skunk (Hologran): Heh, heh! How you like my trap, Atom? That little bomb have a speedometer and it'll explod if you try to fly away so fast. Just give up and become scrap!
Atom: Skunk!!
Atom receive a communication from Dr. Ochanomizu and...
Dr. Ochanomizu (from communicator): Atom! Don't try to diffuse the bomb, knowing Skunk it may explode before you can disarm it!!
Atom: What I should do, Professor Ochanomizu?
Dr. Ochanomizu (from communicator): Atom, you can't save the subway... However, I'm sending the blue prints of the construction, you'll find a escape route, however you and Gofu must work together to escape from it. I'll alert the police and tell them to get a safe distance from the subway!
Atom: Alright!
Atom looks at Gofu and...
Atom: Gofu! I need your help, we must dig a escape route in order to escape the upcoming explosion!
Gofu: Uh? I am your enemy and you still wish my help!
Atom: Never mind that, Skunk ditched you and robots are meant to be friends, we have no time to waste! Just follow my instructions!!
Several minutes later, a explosion occurs in the subway...
Skunk: Heh, heh, heh! Atom now is better as dead, or better say... Scrap metal...
Wily: That's great boss, now we'll don't miss our 300.000.000 Zeus!
However, the police quickly appear and surround the area...
Inspector Tawashi (who leave his car): Skunk! You're surrounded!! Surrender at once!!
Wily: Impossible? How they learned of our escape route??
Skunk: They must had got the blue prints of construction! However, I have another backup plan!
Skunk shows another bomb and...
Skunk: Heh, heh, heh! You managed to surround me, but if you shot me now then I'll drop this bomb and it'll take everyone in!
Inspector Tawashi: What??
Wily (who panic in the car): B-boss... Are you serious?
Skunk (who whack Wily's head): Fool! That's the best backup plan which I got!!
However something grabs the bomb and...
Atom: Sorry, but I'm taking it!!
Skunk (shocked): Atom?? How did you managed to escape??
Gofu who suddenly appear and damage Skunk's car...
Gofu: That's simple, I helped him!
Wily: B-boss... We can't afford of being arrasted now... Any backup plan??
Skunk: Idiot! I ran out of bombs...
Later, Skunk is arrasted by the police...
Skunk (while being carried away): Curse you, Atom!! I swear that I'll escape from any jail and get my revenge!
Wily: Sigh... We don't even got the chance to spent that money...
Atom: Oh, man... If happens then I'll just have to capture you again as usual...
After Skunk and Wily are carried away...
Inspector Tawashi: Atom, thank you for your support. Once again we captured Skunk and retrieved all of the stolen money.
Atom: No problem, but I'm sorry for not being able to save the subway...
Inspector Tawashi: Never mind that, I'm sure the Ministry of Science can help out with the reconstruction.
Gofu: And what about me? Will you order the police to dismantle me for what I did?
Atom: Gofu...
Inspector Tawashi: Since you were stolen and worked under Skunk without knowing his true plans... We'll clear you from any crime committed thus far, specially considering that you helped the police to capture Skunk. So, you'll be returning to your real creator's laboratory.
Atom: Good work, Gofu!
Gofu: Atom... Thank you... I'll never commit the same mistakes once again.
Later at the Ministry of Science...
Uran: Welcome back, big brother!
Atom: Hello, Uran! Did you behaved well while I was away...
Uran: Sorry, but that doesn't suit me...
Atom: Not again...
Uran (who shows a piece of paper): By the way, big brother... Somebody dropped that envelope. I think it's a message from somebody, though tha thing is kind of outdated...
Uran give it to Atom who quickly start reading...
Atom: "If you consider yourself invencible, then come to the junkyard at sector 4. Come alone. -Boga"
Uran: Awww... I thought it was a invitation for a date...
Atom: Uran!! Stop making these jokes!
Uran: Hah, hah, hah!
Atom: Somebody is challenging me... Hmm...
Uran: You're not going to accept that challenge, are you?
Atom: I'll just take a look...
Uran: Wait, Atom! The professor said you should never fight for stupid reasons!! If you do that, you'll be scolded!!
Atom: I'll just go there and refuse the challenge personally!
Uran: But it could be a trap!!
Atom: Well... I'll don't be sure before seeing it myself and no mater which trap is, I can escape from any trouble possible!
Uran: Stop being overconfident!! There'll be a day which you'll be unable to handle anything by yourself!
Atom: Sorry, but I'm out!
Uran: Wait!!
Atom just ignores Uran and go away...
Uran (upset): Uhhh... That Atom... Professor Ochanomizu will be very mad with him...
In a junkyard located in sector 4...
Atom: "That place... They're even depositing robot's remains here..."
After a brief minute of silence...
Mysterious voice: You came to your graveyard, Atom!!
Atom: Are you Boga?
Boga: Yes and I was hired specially to get rid of you!
Atom: Wait, I don't came here to fight! I came here to turn down your challenge. We robots, should not fight each other!
Boga: Fool, do you think you can simply refuse?
Boga launch several laser beans in Atom who barelly evade them...
Atom: Ugh! Stop it!!
Atom launch a finger bean against Bora but he defend it with his right hand...
Boga: It's useless!
Atom: What? There is not a single scratch?!?
Boga: Unlike you, I was created to be a war machine! However, my client tould me that you're a robot capable of evolving... I'm not sure what he quite means, so I'll have to fight more...
Boga launch several beans on Atom from his chest plate which he evade, but one eventually hits...
Boga: ...Seriously!!
(faling over): Ugh!!!
Boga (after watching Atom getting up): Huh... Seems that is true... You have become over confident. That may become a fatal flaw!
Atom: Do you think so?
Atom flies straight to Boga attempting to punch him...
Boga manage to stop Atom's punch with his right hand, but is pushed away...
Boga: Hmm, impressive... You're not to be underestimated!
Boga conters by kicking Atom...
Atom: Uuuuuuuuugh!!
Meanwhile...
Mysterious figure with Red Mask: "Atom... I finally found you... It was pretty troublesome following all the way here... Hope you can handle this, otherwise my time to shine will come!"
In the battlefield...
Boga: I am a robot developed by a company who was supposed to create mass destruction robots... However, they went bankrupt for unknown reasons... And all I could remember was workers leaving out without saying a word... Even those who built me, they just turned their backs without even telling me where I could go.
Atom: So, that's why you choose to become a bounty hunter?
Boga: That's ironic, isn't? A robot abandonned by it's creators now lives as a dirty bounty hunter in order to sustain himself...
Atom: How much did he paid for that bounty?
Boga: Do you really wish to know? So be it, it's 2.000.000 Zeus.
That's pretty a generous payment, ins't? But, he said it was nothing compared with the money which his creator still earns for his robot research.
Atom: So, you're not going to give up no matter what?
Boga: Enough chat! Prepare yourself!!
Boga launch a powerful laser bean against Atom who counter with his arm cannon...
But both attacks are neutralized...
Boga: Heh, you're quite impredicable, huh?
Boga draws his sword...
Boga: So, how about this!!
Atom: A sword? Do you think you can take me down with that?
Boga: What's the matter? Do you think you can beat it?
Boga jumps and try to slice Atom, but he grabs the blade...
Atom: I learned how to stop a sword barehanded, you cannot beat me with this attack!!
Atom notice something wrong and...
Atom: Ahhhhhhhh!! My energy...
Boga: You're quite a fool... You should have dodged that attack...
Atom: My energy got sucked away... Why?!
Boga: This is not a normal sword... That is the sword known as "Vital Blade"...
Atom: Uuugh!! If that sword touch me again... My energy will depleted...
In the Ministry of Science...
Dr. Ochanomizu: What?? Atom left to a junkyard in order to turn down a challenge and without permission??
Yuko: That's what I feared, he not only got overconfident but reckless...
Dr. Ochanomizu: It must be a trap...
Suddenly, Dr. Ochanomizu receive a call...
Uran (in the phone): Hello! Professor Ochanomizu!
Dr. Ochanomizu: Uran! Did you found Atom?
Uran (in the phone): Not yet, he went very fast and I fear he is already fighting the enemy.
Dr. Ochanomizu: If you find Atom, then do not try to fight your enemy, do everything possible to save him.
Uran (in the phone): Alright! I'll close connection now.
Dr. Ochanomizu: Atom... Please be safe...
In the junkyard...
Atom: My energy is at the yellow line!
Atom attempt to fly away from Boga and...
Atom: Guess close range attacks will don't work out!
Boga: Heh! Do not underestimate me.
Boga goes flying and...
Atom: Uh, oh! You also have jets!
Boga attacks Atom who barelly evade...
Atom: Oh, no! It'll be difficult to fire at this range...
Boga: That's late to think of an strategy!!
Boga hits Atom who fall on ground...
Atom: Aaargh!!
Boga: That's how the 'Mighty Atom' has fallen... Atom, despite I have a sympathy for you, I still must accomplish my job.
Atom: Uuugh... Uran was right... There would be a day which I could not do anything...
Boga: My client said that I should kill you if you lose! So, I'll just rip your head off. With this, your electronic brain will also break and you'll beyound repair. Even if the body was rebuilt, you would be nothing, but another robot.
Boga: Prepare yourself, Atom!!
Boga attempt to cut Atom's head off, however he sliced by a mysterious robot...
Boga: Aaaaargh!!
Mysterious Robot: I'm not going to allow that!!
Boga: Who are you?
Red Mask: I am Red Mask!! I learned that Atom was going to a trap, so I went to check out.
Boga: Uuugh!!
Boga notice something wrong and...
Boga: You have damaged my circuit...
Red Mask: So how about it? Will you leave peacefully or become a scrap right here and right now?
Boga: I am a hunter for hire... Although, I might not got Atom's head... I'll still earn my money.
Boga look at the fallen Atom and...
Boga: Atom... I was not defeated by you! If I get hired to kill you then I'll do it without fail next time!!
Boga goes away and...
Red Mask: So, how are you, Atom?
Atom: My energy is almost deppleted...
Red Mask: Hmm, I cannot refuel you... So hang in there till somebody comes.
Red Mask turn his back to Atom...
Atom: Thank you for saving me...
Red Mask: No problem, just don't think you're invencible. It look like he prepared that trap taking your behavior into account.
Atom: I understand...
Red Mask: Anyway... I'm out...
One hour later, Uran arrives...
Uran: Big brother!!
Atom:...
Uran grab a communicator and...
Uran: Professor, Ochanomizu! I found Atom, please send a rescue team!
Dr. Ochanomizu (through communicator):Is he alright, Uran?
Uran: Seems his energy has been depleted and he is in unconscious!
Dr. Ochanomizu (through communicator): Alright! I'm going there right now! Stay where you are.
Later in the laboratory, Atom is recharged in a special bed...
Atom: Uuhhh...
Uran: Big brother!!
Uran hugs Atom and...
Atom: Uran! You're the one who found me?
Uran: Yes, but I could not carry you all by myself then I called Professor Ochanomizu!
Dr. Ochanomizu: Atom... You should never gone to that place alone and all by yourself!
Atom: Professor... I'm truly sorry... I realized that no matter what I did, I'm still inmature...
Dr. Ochanomizu: At least you learned a good lesson... Also, I'm the one who should apology, I should had tould you sooner that you should not be over confident...
Atom: It's alright, professor! I'll be more careful!
Uran: But, Atom! What happened with your enemy? Did you managed to win by using all of your energy in a desperate attack?
Atom: No... Somebody called Red Mask saved me!
Uran: 'Red Mask'??
Meanwhile...
Shadow: That was pretty unexpected... However, with this Atom can learn of his mistake and evolve further.
Shadow looks at the repaired Boga and...
Shadow: You can take your reward as promised! I shall contact you once again when I have a new job for you.
Boga: Very well! I'm looking forward to have a rematch...
-
End
Toshio Tenma

Tezuka reader

Return to Astro Boy