[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Astroboy 60s B/W Japanese 193 episodes - subtitles?

Astroboy 60s B/W Japanese 193 episodes - subtitles?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Re: Astroboy 60s B/W Japanese 193 episodes - subtitles?

Postby omega.factor » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:13 am

Thanks for that explanation. I guess at the very least this gave us subtitles for the 80s Jap version - which I'm still over joyed with!

So I guess we'll have to go down the path of an indiegogo project to fund a translater!
omega.factor

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:28 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby omega.factor » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:39 pm

wow - ok how does one get these subtitles - 80s Japanese? this is the dvd set that I have (in terms of 80s japanese) although i may have bought them off a korean site (so they might be Korean)? i don't think they have any subs, not that i can see, bought in 2002!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/jn0t.jpg
Last edited by omega.factor on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
omega.factor

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:57 pm

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby omega.factor » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:15 am

ok great thanks. atm i have the vivi subs ripped and in a folder with mp4s of the jap.. they align.. so how different is the fan vs professional subs? does anyone have these subs ripped already?

my other question, is how would it of been possible to add English and Japanese audio tracks to the same jap video?

i ask because i know the English versions were edited (this is why the atlas origin episode was missing) basically the Australian censorship removed anything they felt was too much for children to watch 9addmitedly, atlas committing suicide, robbing a store etc fits into that category)...

so moving on, there are other scenes i saw in the robot circus, while on the trapeze for example.. which is edited out as the violence was too graphic! so how can the audio tracks fit together, I assume every ep has a bit cut out!
omega.factor

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:33 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby omega.factor » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:13 am

or - perhaps they edited the jap audio to fit the censored English release? perhaps comparing the US jap release with the Jap release is the only way to confirm?

i can post some examples of Australian 80s vs Japanese 80s - censored shots, showing what is missing, and you could watch them to confirm if they exist in the US 80s release?

funny enough, my entire mission for ripping was to create my own English cut, with the Japanese audio inserted over the censored shots with English audio - but if this was done with the US release it would save me years of work!

i also gave up on this temporarily once i heard about the vivi sub!
omega.factor

Tezuka reader

Postby omega.factor » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:20 am

So who out there has the 193 B/W episodes?
omega.factor

Tezuka reader

Previous

Return to Astro Boy