Astroboy - 80s English DVDs handbrake error?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Astroboy - 80s English DVDs handbrake error?

Postby omega.factor » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:30 pm

All,

I have tried to backup my Astroboys with Handbrake for my media players but am having problems. I am trying to remove the Interlacing, but using the advanced new Deblock methods, however the result is not working as the video stutters and doesn't flow properly.

Interestingly, as a twist to this story, one of the guys who worked on my film was the guy who encoded these for madman entertainment. I am told they actually used the Japanese 80s original DVDs to re-cut the English ones, (removing all the original edits that were censored) to make them align.

As I have the original Japanese 80s DVDs (maybe Korean release) my long term plan is to re-edit the English ones and insert the censored footage creating a complete English 80s set without censorship! Obviously for private use, but I need a progressive source of first, and note, I haven't tried handbarke on the Japanese ones yet, wait on a solution for the Aussie DVDs.

Thanks,

Omega.
omega.factor

Tezuka reader

Re: Astroboy - 80s English DVDs handbrake error?

Postby omega.factor » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:13 pm

Hey again, I solved this problem!

I was using MKV and for some odd reason it wasn't working.

Anyhow, I have more managed to encode in MP4 using de-interlacing with the bob option, which means it's coming out at 5FPS.

I'm ripping at Quality 12, under very slow, basically all the episodes are approx 1GB - and the equivalent to PRORESHQ (the apple codec) - this is according to my friend who was the guy who actually edited and encoded this DVD BOX SET for MADMAN entertainment.

Taking into account it's coming from a DVD source, so it has that level of quality drop from the original, but still - they are AWESOME to watch on a HD TV!
omega.factor

Tezuka reader

Return to Astro Boy