[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Live-action Astro Boy film.

Live-action Astro Boy film.

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Live-action Astro Boy film.

Postby Metropolisforever » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:49 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375568

Voltron,Transformers,and Neon Genesis Evangelion are also getting live-action films. :(

Some of them might be cancelled. :D

Let's hope to god, they never make a live-action Kimba the White Lion film.

mod: you didn't make all those posts just to get to make your rank go up did you? I could make a new rank for you...one you wouldn't like :twisted:
Last edited by Metropolisforever on Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED.
Metropolisforever

Banned

Postby strobe_z » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:29 pm

I've seen a preview for the Transformers movie and special-effects wise at least, it looks very good.

I have no doubt they could do a pretty decent Astro Boy live action movie. I think the biggest question would be, how much do you alter the appearance of Astro?

I mean, his classic Anime appearance works fine withing the context of the anime, because he's supposed to look like a normal human boy. And with normal being a relative term in the anime (meaning everyone looks weird), it's fine. But in a live-action movie, how much do you make Astro look like some kid in short pants and red boots? Is that still Astro then?

I'm a big fan of Genndy Tartakovsky's - his Samurai Jack animation is one of my favourites. So I have faith it'll turn out cool.
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby cmoon » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:01 pm

This is the sort of thing that 99% never works. Just think of trying to find human actors to play ham-egg, lamp, mustachio, etc. This alone would kill it for me since part of tezuka is being able to recignize and know the characters. Then there are the problems that Strobe_z already mentioned--namely, how would you actually retain the character of Astro, since if you made him look like a real human boy, that would kill it, but if he looked too much like a robot, that would make it really weird and possibly alienating.

Seriously, another idea that should absolutely die.
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Metropolisforever » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:47 am

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED.
Metropolisforever

Banned

Postby Karmi-Sempai » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:28 am

I'm not special. I'm just not like you!
Karmi-Sempai

Tezuka Nut

Return to Astro Boy