Astro Boy 2003 Dub Changes -- some concerns

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Mamath » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:19 am

The new Astro is a decent watch if you're willing to set it aside from the older versions. I liked everything except:
1) Zoran. Just...her name. It's URAN. You know, URANium? I just can't understand the logic behind that particular name change...:/ Was it supposed to sound more futuristic? Is it to avoid "Ur anus" jokes? Those don't seem like very good reasons...
2) Atlas. What'd they go change him for? :< Atlas used to be so cool. All...golden and self-actualised. Proud example of the other side of the conflict and what Astro could be. Now he's just got the angsty father complex and is realy annoying. :/
3) The whole "Let's rocket!" bit. Uh. Lame. It sounds so...strained. T_T It's like he's trying too hard.

Still, I realise that if I'd never seen the 1980s anime, I wouldn't have any of those complaints (well, maybe that last one). Astroboy 2003 actually stands quite well on its own...
Looking to trade Tezuka gashapon! I have spare Amazing Three (x2), Blackjack (x1) and Princess Knight (series 1 x1) pieces. Looking for the rest. Please PM me if interested!
Mamath

Tezuka reader

Previous

Return to Astro Boy