[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Black Jack - Plant Man (Vegetable)

Black Jack - Plant Man (Vegetable)

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Black Jack - Plant Man (Vegetable)

Postby grapeofdeath » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:26 am

It says on the site that Plant Man (Vegetable) 植物人間 has never been collected into a volume. I have the first printing of volume 4 and it's in my book:
http://www.bolis.com/onyx/blackjack-plant.jpg

Perhaps it's in the early printings and not the later ones?
grapeofdeath

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:21 pm

That's correct. Vegetable was included in the first printing (I have a Japanese scan of the story for reference), but I believe that's the only place it has been re-printed.

I'd imagine that volume 4 was tough to come by, no?
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby grapeofdeath » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:53 pm

I read on place that it seems to exist through the 18th printing:
http://www.phoenix.to/as/bj4.html

There's quite a few up on Yahoo Japan Auctions right now. I got mine for $10. Here's another at the same price:
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b88550326

It was actually more expensive (about $5 more) to find The Wall. I ended up going with ATC ブラック・ジャック 死にゆくものへの祈り編 so I wouldn't have to worry about an insert.

Do you have the e-comics version of Black Jack? I have it, but I can't get it to play on my computer. I'm curious to know which chapters they included in the 4 volume set.
grapeofdeath

Tezuka reader

Return to Black Jack