[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Dr.House vs Black Jack commercials

Dr.House vs Black Jack commercials

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Dr.House vs Black Jack commercials

Postby Duofan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:50 pm

So I was trying to look for more Black Jack merchandise when this came up:

1st collaboration between overseas live-action series & Osamu Tezuka's anime

The American live-action medical television series House and Osamu Tezuka's classic medical manga/anime Black Jack are joining forces to promote the Japanese DVD rental launch of House's fourth season on August 4. Dr. House (played by British actor Hugh Laurie) and Black Jack will appear together in a television commercial
, which will be the first collaboration between an overseas live-action television series and a Tezuka anime.

Geneon Universal Entertainment is the DVD distributor of House in Japan, where it is known as Dr. House. Geneon Universal pitched the concept to Tezuka Productions, who readily agreed. The "Taiketsu" (Showdown) commercial will launch on the CS satellite television system's Fox channel on August 4. In the commercial, the two maverick doctors face off to see who has the best skills.

Source: Sankei Sports

SO. I want to hear what you guys think, I am pretty excited, I NEED to know how these commercials would be like. I am drooling at the thought. I also hope someone will upload them on Youtube. August 4 is fast approaching @_@

PS: my friend tells me the poster says: :"Don't we look alike?"
Duofan

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:06 pm

I think it will be just one commercial. I can't wait either. I know it's gonna be awesome and I'll show it to everyone.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Fauna » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:00 pm

I saw it this morning, and was thinking of spreading the word on my blog. Better yet, I have a friend who likes both Black Jack and House, so showing her this will be to the effect of an explosion. If only they could show the commercial on North American TV...
Fauna

Tezuka Nut

Postby BlackJack21 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:56 pm

:D Totally Awesome! ^_____^
Black Jack, The surgeon with the hands of God.
He's known around the world as a mercenary doctor for hire, Just pay the bill and he will do the work.... But he doesn't come cheap.
BlackJack21

Tezuka reader

Postby Xenops » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:11 am

Happy story! ^_^ I flew back from Alaska and I sat next to a Japanese lady, and turns out she read BJ as a kid. We exchanged email addresses and I sent her a link about this add (I'm sure she'll hear about it eventually, but I was excited)
Xenops

Tezuka Nut

UPDATE!!!

Postby Duofan » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:52 pm

The article got an update from yesterdays!

Update: According to Eiga.com, the voice actors who dub both titles into Japanese will participate in the commercial, which will be viewable from the official Japanese House website. There will also be magazine advertisements.

OMGAH I gonna be counting the days till I can finally see on the DR House website D: I've never been so excited for anything!

I wonder what exactly they will be doing... O.O"
Duofan

Tezuka reader

Postby Bablet » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:54 am

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!*FACE EXPLODES*

FINALLY!

This was soooo ment to happen! I must know more!
*Raises index finger*

"Hold on, I'm in the middle of somthing"
Bablet

Postby F-Man » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:32 am

Let's hope they don't just reuse footage of the House series with dubbed-over lines.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Xenops » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:21 am

Xenops

Tezuka Nut

Postby Duofan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:03 pm

I will be checking this website like almost everyday ( Useless but fangirl in me is raging until I see this )

Yeah I hope they film new stuff. Or else it would be lame XD
Duofan

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:09 pm

Obviously Black Jack will win the show down :D
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Xenops » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:36 pm

Xenops

Tezuka Nut

Postby Duofan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:54 pm

Duofan