[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - 1/6 Scale Black Jack Collectable Action Figure

1/6 Scale Black Jack Collectable Action Figure

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

1/6 Scale Black Jack Collectable Action Figure

Postby Sevi » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:37 am

Expected ship date: September 2012
Price: $169.99 - $173.99
Where to buy: or (which is your best option so far due to free shipping worldwide)

The hassle of wanting to share a lots of images here on the TiE forum. But yeah, I actually went through all the trouble since it is totally worth it to share all the pretty images of the new 1/6 scale Black Jack collectable action figure here on TiE as well since it is just drop-dead gorgeous! As you can see, this Black Jack figure is modeled after his OVA appearance (it’s an open secret, that I totally adore smexy OVA Black Jack) and compared to all the other Black Jack figures, this one is just godly! :oops:

Last edited by Sevi on Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I'm not in at the moment. If you are in need of medical attention, please leave your name, telephone number, nature of your complaint, seriousness of your condition, and how much you can afford to pay me. I'll get back to you later."
Sevi

Tezuka Nut

Re: 1/6 Scale Black Jack Collectable Action Figure

Postby Xenops » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:20 pm

It seems rather random for the company to make his figure, since the rest of the figures are (almost) entirely based on real people.

Though I won't complain. :) I wonder if BJ's price will fall to a $100 later on, since the rest of the figures cost that much?
Xenops

Tezuka Nut

Postby Sevi » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:16 am

I'm not really surprised to see a Black Jack OVA figure from a company, that mainly produces figures which are based on real people. After all, the Black Jack OVAs are clearly targeted at a more mature, adult audience and they also feature a realistic setting.

It's hard to predict, if the price of this figure will ever fall under $100 but from my experiences with all the other Black Jack figures, I would say that you shouldn't hold out your hopes for it. All these figures are collector items nowadays. :wink:
"I'm not in at the moment. If you are in need of medical attention, please leave your name, telephone number, nature of your complaint, seriousness of your condition, and how much you can afford to pay me. I'll get back to you later."
Sevi

Tezuka Nut

Postby Xenops » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Well, should you purchase one, could you post pictures? Because often times the actual figure does not look as good as the sample that the company uses for promoting. :lol:
Xenops

Tezuka Nut

Postby Sevi » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:04 pm

So, you want to use me as a) human guinea pig and b) take that figure out of it's packaging?! :shock:

I still haven't quite decided yet, if I should get it or not (but so far the chance of me purchasing it are about 75%). If I get it, I might take some pictures of it... maybe... but don't ask me to take of his clothes because I pretty sure, that I won't be able to dress him up properly once I undressed him. :oops:
Sevi

Tezuka Nut

Postby Xenops » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:27 am

1) Yes, a guinea pig, since you're thinking of getting it anyway :wink: , 2) I assume the packaging is like with Barbies or Breyer horses; the figure is strapped to a cardboard background that you can remove from the main box.

But if you don't feel comfortable or end up not getting it, I did find these photos on Google

I just wanted to confirm if the face is as nice as the promo model, which it looks like it's pretty close (or nice looking in it's own right).

I also found a vendor selling these on Ebay, so I thought of asking them if they could post REAL photos of the item;

P.S. Yes the same company made an Astro...Which I think looks scary. :shock:
Xenops

Tezuka Nut

Postby Sevi » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:49 pm

Someone needs to shoot me since I just placed my preorder for it a couple of minutes ago. :oops:
Should have ordered a watering pot for it as well... maybe it will grow to life-size if I keep on watering tiny Black Jack everyday! :lol:

God, please stop posting any more images of it. I hardly can wait to finally get my hands on it.
Oh, I already know that there are vendors on Ebay, who are selling the figure for an overpriced amount. I would say, that it is pretty pointless right now to ask them for images of the figure since it's going to be released in September (so they are just taking preorders for it now).

I saw that Astro Boy figure on their website as well and it's not really that pretty to be honest. I checked out their other figures as well and most of the them do look quite nicely (no wonder since they are specialized in real life figures).
Sevi

Tezuka Nut

Postby Xenops » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Xenops

Tezuka Nut

Postby Sevi » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Sevi

Tezuka Nut

Postby Xenops » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:20 pm

Some of those actually don't look too bad...but no way would I spend more than $10 on ANY of them.

The ZC World one, however... :wink:
Xenops

Tezuka Nut

Postby Sevi » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:31 pm

Sevi

Tezuka Nut

Postby Xenops » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Well let us know when it's shipped out; I'm curious as to when "in September" it releases. :)
Xenops

Tezuka Nut

Postby Sevi » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:08 am

Sevi

Tezuka Nut

Postby Xenops » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:43 pm

HERE we go! :D

The seller was kind enough to provide his own pictures.
Xenops

Tezuka Nut

Postby Duofan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:15 am

I've placed my Pre Order on HLJ but it's delayed. I really want to cancel the pre order and just buy it off E-Bay or another store for cheaper -_-"
Duofan

Tezuka reader

Next

Return to Black Jack