[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - About Jungle Taitei 1989s series

About Jungle Taitei 1989s series

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

About Jungle Taitei 1989s series

Postby Joe_Shimamura » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:09 am

Joe_Shimamura

Tezuka reader

Postby cmoon » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:18 am

cmoon

Postby cmoon » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:56 am

cmoon

Postby ancalagon3 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:10 pm

i was thinking about watching it but decided not to after watching a few clips on youtube (ugh kimba killing an antelope) and then decided that i don't want to know the rest.
ancalagon3

Tezuka reader

Postby Joe_Shimamura » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:58 pm

Joe_Shimamura

Tezuka reader

Postby ancalagon3 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:09 pm

ancalagon3

Tezuka reader

Postby cmoon » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:05 pm

Please post some youtube clips here...I've been too lazy (and generally disinterested/horrified) to look :shock:
cmoon

Postby Huscheli » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:36 pm

Random Choice:

I personally like the Remake series much more than the 60's one. I think it's a little bit more...well true to the manga. Even though the plot gets different later on just like the old series, I still prefere the new one since I just like the "darker" tone it has.
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby cmoon » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:56 pm

Well what a pity those first 6 episodes aren't available subtitled since they do seem to have something going on (while the 'dead animals' clip probably points the way toward everything that would go wrong with the series.) I hear the objections to Kimba (certainly it isn't true to the manga), but it has its own appeal I think. As anime, Jungle Emperor can easily get TOO HEAVY, while the manga actually retains a certain degree of lightness even while dealing with heavy topics.

These clips do answer the question for me--namely that the movie was meant as a sort of conclusion to THIS series, which probably explains why they just didn't make a 2 or 3 part movie series. It may also explain the weird inconsistencies with Hamegg since if you follow the manga, he shouldn't be in the movie.

My general take on this is I would LOVE to see a subtitled version (especially of the first 6 episodes) since according to KWLion, beyond that the quality starts quickly turning to garbage (and I trust his opinion on this matter.) I really worry though that the fun of kimba and the manga is going to be totally lost in this version though.
cmoon

Postby Huscheli » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:01 am

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby ancalagon3 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:35 pm

ancalagon3

Tezuka reader

Postby cmoon » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:49 pm

cmoon

Postby ancalagon3 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:06 am

if only they would release it in english. until then i can only look at pictures.
ancalagon3

Tezuka reader

Postby cmoon » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:59 pm

There is a fan translation of Leo floating around, but I suggest waiting for the pm system to be working again before you inquire more about it.

And yes, there really needs to be an English version. I hope that when Vertical is done with Dororo, we might convince them to take the plunge!
cmoon

Postby Princess Sapphire » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:54 pm

Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Return to Kimba