[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Finding Leo uncut.

Finding Leo uncut.

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Finding Leo uncut.

Postby Whitelion » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:12 am

Hey! First post here, huge fan of Tezuka.

I was wondering about Kimba, specifically the sequel series "Leo the Lion" in English, if any fans on here have the uncut dvd's?
Leo has been hard to find recently, especially uncut dvd's after Craig Anderson, who ran the shop that sold them, died. :c I hope that it will eventually be released publicly in a dvd boxset like Kimba was, but for now, does anyone know where I could get uncut dvd's, or if you have 'em, send me the files? Thanks.
Whitelion

Tezuka reader

Re: Finding Leo uncut.

Postby astarisborn94 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:01 am

I'm not familiar with any uncut English version, but if you look at the Kimba DVD site, you can find Episode 1-24 in uncut Japanese (no English subtitles, Region 2, so it can't play in North America). However, prices fetch between $200-250. Not sure about the rest.
astarisborn94

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:32 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Whitelion » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:13 am

Whitelion

Tezuka reader

Postby astarisborn94 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:19 am

I'm talking about .

At least one more copy of this exist.
astarisborn94

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:26 am

Wow. I did not know Craig Anderson had passed away. That is sad news indeed. I'll take a look at my DVD's. I'm pretty sure I have Leo the Lion, but I'm not sure if they're uncut or not.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Whitelion » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Whitelion

Tezuka reader

Postby astarisborn94 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:41 am

I think I have found another place where Jungle Emperor Leo can be bought:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B8%E3%83 ... 417&sr=1-2

There's still a few copies of the the entire series left in Japanese, but its in Japanese with no subtitles. Cost 11,181 yens (although it'll be higher considering import prices). Looks pretty official if you ask me. I'll try to see if Leo the Lion is available as well.

Also didn't know that Craig Anderson died. Won't lie, that's really unfortunate for that to happen and I do feel sorry for his family.
astarisborn94

Tezuka reader

Postby Whitelion » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:22 am

Whitelion

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:35 pm

How do you know if Leo the Lion is uncut or not? With English language versions, I always assume they're all cut.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Whitelion » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:44 pm

There are two different dvd's, uncut and cut. All cut scenes from the more common dvd's are dubbed, unlike most anime with Tezuka. I've seen bits and peices of the uncut version, in the dvd's I own atleast four minutes are cut out of each episode. It's just finding the uncut version that seems to be hard. :/
Whitelion

Tezuka reader

Postby astarisborn94 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:36 pm

astarisborn94

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:08 pm

strobe_z probably wants to know how to tell which version he has. I believe they're unofficial.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Tetsuwan Atomu » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:55 am

Craig actually died ? :cry: when did that happen i really loved his website and store i used to buy there quite some collectables and those Leo the Lion dvd's there where indeed the only way to obtain them so i cladly payed for them, he also kickstarted for Barbara and i believe even for the coming Unico/Atomcat/Triton kickstarter .... that i really din't know .... indeed there where no updates so basicly if the website provider get's no cash anymore it goes all down for good ....
Tetsuwan Atomu

Tezuka reader

Postby Whitelion » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:38 pm

Sadly so, he passed away in October. :'(
Whitelion

Tezuka reader

Return to Kimba