[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - What comics are these?

What comics are these?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

What comics are these?

Postby Ben H » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:30 am

Ben H

Postby David » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:32 pm

Can you post some cover scans?

David
David

Postby Ben H » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:28 am

Sure! I put up some cover scans as well as the synopsis from the dust jackets, but scanning the interiors won't be good for them. I will happily do some photos of the insides though if anyone is interested enough!

http://www.effect.net.au/geeen/junk/share/

The four parter is called "Shyumari" and the one with the toothpaste is "The Crater" No idea what Shyumari means, or what the other title is called. If there are any Japanese readers I'd really appreciate some translations.

Actually, i suppose it's paint, not toothpaste. Maybe eczema cream.

Thanks
Ben
Ben H

Postby Huscheli » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:20 am

The Crater is out in French (but sold out). I could translate the french one (since I have them), but that's such a pain of work I really don't want to do, sry. The stories are really strange for Tezuka - very surrealistic.

The other one I don't know myself o.o
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Ben H » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:58 am

amazing cover on that second one.

I found a great list of synopsis of each "crater" story on the official Tezuka website which was cool so I was able to match each story to the plot :)

Great to finally know what the comic is!!!!
Ben H

Postby Ash » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:59 pm

Shumari is licensed for France by Tonkam this year, think it has to do with Hokkaido. I can at least read that in the description :P

The unnamed one (spring) is called Tetsu no Senritsu (Melody of Iron). I can't read that much Japanese, but the first sentence of the description is what you knew already ^_~ (I'll let the rest to be translated by someone who actually knows Japanese ^_~)

"I want a articifial arm!! The young man of the stage whose arms were cut off by the New York Mafia cried that in the middle of Bestd [don't know what that is. Place?]"
"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby Deda » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:12 pm

Deda

Tezuka Nut

Return to Searching for Tezuka