[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Tezuka Moderno

Tezuka Moderno

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Kuririn » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:32 pm

Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Rocku » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:21 pm

I got a nice little surprise while visiting a Newbury Comics in Boston the other day: Moderno santa Atom and Pinoco. I got the Pinoco and placed her in front of my Tezuka manga shelf. 8)

I was actually a little shocked to see them there. Granted they usually have kooky stuff from Japan, especially those little boxes filled with collectable tiny toys http://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_hom ... deptnr=299 (my favorite being the mongers... :twisted: ), but toys released by Tezuka Productions are usually very rare around here.

"There are demons in my soup. There are monsters in my damn soup."

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby strobe_z » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:05 pm

Are these hard to get in Japan?

I'm going to be travelling to Tokyo for a conference in middle-end of March and I'll only have one day for "shopping" - preferably Tezuka shopping. I have no idea where to go though...
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Rocku » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:34 pm

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Kuririn » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:18 am

They're not hard to get in the Kansai area but I don't know about Tokyo. :(

Actually, I'll be in the Tokyo area around the end of March, too. I'll be there from the 22nd through the 25th, returning to Osaka on the evening of the 25th. If you're around, have time and are inclined to make the pilgrimmage to the Tezuka museum I'll happily show you how to get there, but is it several hours away and the bullet train is a little expensive for a one-day trip. :(

If you see a Comme Ca store around, they usually sell Tezuka Moderno stuff! Also, I found this place through a Google search:

http://tokyoq.com/weekly_updates/tqoole/atom.html

I'm not sure how recent the article is, though; I remember hearing about a Tezuka store in Tokyo that closed down.
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Deda » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:22 pm

Deda

Tezuka Nut

Postby Rocku » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:31 pm

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Kuririn » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:10 am

Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Rocku » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:58 am

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Kuririn » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:50 am

Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Rocku » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:10 pm

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Kuririn » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:26 pm

Okay, it was closed yesterday so I went out there today and spent the afternoon reading their manga library and watching a Hi no Tori OVA. XD And taking pictures of Sharaku for my MitsuTooru site.

I checked on the Rock shirt, it is 2700 yen but they only have S size there...don't know if that's any good to you or not??

I also picked up a few small things there and at Comme Ca, and I'm going to take some photos and see how that goes. I also took photos of like...everything in the store, so I'll post 'em later and if someone sees something they want, maybe we can arrange something. Yay!

Guess I'll make a new topic when that happens so we're not still derailing strobe's thread. XD
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Rocku » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:08 pm

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Deda » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:18 pm

Deda

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kuririn » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:24 pm

Image "Or the moment