[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Tezuka Moderno

Tezuka Moderno

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Deda » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:43 pm

Deda

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kuririn » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:31 am

They don't sell pirated merchandise at Tezuka World. ^^;; I've seen the BJ there as well.

The box has all the copyright info as well as the holographic Tezuka Production sticker, so I expect it's legit. Perhaps there was a limited first run?
Image "Or the moment
when you know it's over and the nothing which you
have to say is falling all around you, lavishly,
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Deda » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:59 pm

Mine are like that too... but then it depends on the holograph... they are supposedly all kimba/leo... I do have some that I got much earlier than expected and look like the original ones... but the holographic sticker is different XDDD
What I think it happes is, since they are produced in China, they let them out in china first but not officially.
I have a fake atom and looks like the real thing.
But if you bought it from Tezuka World it should be alright.

There is one Tezuka World/Atom store in Hong Kong too that gets stuff early too... so sometimes I really do wonder how they manage to get them before release dates.
Deda

Tezuka Nut

Postby Rubedo » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:27 am

Rubedo

Tezuka reader

Postby kairi10116 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:14 am

Hi there,

I know this is an old(er) thread, but as a heads up, Poweranime.com has them on sale very cheap. I just got my BJ and Pinoko figures from them.

Hope that helps.
kairi10116

Postby Recca_Phoenix » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:09 pm

Just to follow up on all this stuff....

Current trend seems to be for cutesier, rounder, more super-deformed versions of stuff. Anyone familiar with the "Disney cuties" line? They do the same stuff with Disney charas. And when I was at Disney World last summer, they had ball-shaped versions of characters...like pillows.

I am of the opinion that Black Jack makes a very uncute chibi/SD character....and I know BJ is one of Tezuka's most popular series, but COME ON.... Pinoco makes a cute keychain and such, but poor poor BJ :P
You don't see them making other serious and stoic characters into cell phone straps.

chibi SD Michio Yuki, anyone? >: ) "Because pure evil can be kawaii toooo!"
Now translating:
Recca_Phoenix

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kuririn » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:14 pm

Image "Or the moment
when you know it's over and the nothing which you
have to say is falling all around you, lavishly,
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Deda » Thu May 07, 2009 10:35 pm

Disney cuties came out after Shiro Nakano re-designed disney characters in Moderno style.
For example I own a Mickey Mouse designed by Shiro Nakano and he is a great toy designer.
Disney then decided to launch this line called "cutie" following the success the moderno line has had in Japan.

I honestly like what Nakano has done with the Tezuka character (he was redrawing tatsunoko's characters as well this year).

If you see the Organic Moderno (no the keychain ones which in most of the cases turned out to be fake from China - the ones on ebay at least - and they are not been very well manufactured) they look gorgeous and actually black Jack has been drawn in SD style other times before and by tezuka himself so... the Nakano design is pretty true to the original SD style.

the one I did not find quite as successful is Ochanomizu. His nose is too small ahahahaha.

I always hope someone would make a Michio Yuki gashapon or a figurine of some sort... I have many "Rocks"... to have Michio stand next to him would be so dreamy! *_*
Deda

Tezuka Nut

Previous

Return to Searching for Tezuka