[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - 1989 Kimba version?

1989 Kimba version?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

1989 Kimba version?

Postby Pinka » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:14 pm

The 60's series are not hard to find and i know the loyal Kimba Fanbase hates this version, but to be honest i really want to get it i loved wacthing The videos and clips of it the series seem to be more intreseting due to Kimba being `13` then a kid for Me,
anyone knows how to get this series? downloading? buying dvd whice also sell outside Japan and USA?
Pinka

Tezuka reader

Postby cmoon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:20 pm

I kept hoping that KimbaWLion would produce a proper subbed version for us :)
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby strobe_z » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:02 pm

I wonder if KimbaWLion could use a hand with the graphics for the cover/menus... I love doing that sort of stuff, and I've made some pretty high quality DVD's in my time...
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Pinka » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:44 am

That would be awesome but readind the reviews and episode guide of the series the person who runs that website does not like the 1989 version at all.
Pinka

Tezuka reader

Postby cmoon » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:58 am

Actually the impression I've gotten from speaking with him is that he considers the first 8 episodes pretty good. Those are really the ones I'd want to see with subs anyway.
cmoon

Postby Princess Sapphire » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:43 pm

I'd buy the english dub of that series. I've got all three versions of Astroboy and I'd love the second version of Kimba to go with the original.
Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby KimbaWLion » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:47 pm

KimbaWLion

Tezuka reader

Postby KimbaWLion » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:48 pm

KimbaWLion

Tezuka reader

Postby KimbaWLion » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:49 pm

KimbaWLion

Tezuka reader

Postby KimbaWLion » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:50 pm

KimbaWLion

Tezuka reader

Postby KimbaWLion » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:51 pm

KimbaWLion

Tezuka reader

Postby Pinka » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:27 pm

Pinka

Tezuka reader

Postby cmoon » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:59 pm

cmoon

Postby Mike Toole » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:44 am

Mike Toole

Tezuka reader

Postby Princess Sapphire » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:33 am

I do so hope they give the series a DVD release. The original may be most fondly remembered, but at least this remake is Tezuka oriented and it would surely be reasonably good even if not as good as the first version.
Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Next

Return to Searching for Tezuka