[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Cleopatra: Queen of Sex

Cleopatra: Queen of Sex

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Cleopatra: Queen of Sex

Postby Mike Toole » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:27 pm

Mike Toole

Tezuka reader

Postby Rocku » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:59 pm

"There are demons in my soup. There are monsters in my damn soup."

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Mike Toole » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:58 pm

Rocku: The poster is in English? I have no doubt that there are Japanese movie posters, I'm looking for one related to the US release. If that's the case, would you mind scanning it in? Might make it easier to find an original copy...
Mike Toole

Tezuka reader

Postby Rocku » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:52 pm

"There are demons in my soup. There are monsters in my damn soup."

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Jiminy » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:09 am

Hi Mike,

Are you saying the opening live action scenes weren't present on your VHS copy? That surprises me, because the ones I've seen (the same bootleg you're talking about and the one floating around emule) both contain this scene, and it seems necessary to the plot...

...actually, the more I think about it the less necessary that scene was. The film actually makes marginally more sense without the futuristic bookends, and all they really did was make me want to stop watching (I much preferred 1001 Nights).

As for dub/sub, I've often wondered that myself. Sites often mention the movie release, but they never seem to go into more details. That should imply an English audio track (as the mere presence of subtitles would, I imagine, have been a talking point), but the fact that no details of it seem to exist leave me clueless. Also, I believe it was subtitled when it was played in Australian festivals last year.
San Dimas High School football rules!
Jiminy

Tezuka Expert

Postby Jeffbert » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:05 pm

I just received my DVD from CD Japan; I will watch it later today. I do not expect any English subs, but as Tezuka's style of story telling is visually-oriented, I think I can live w/o subs. :lol:

Oddly, the little booklet inside the case does have its headings in English, while the other text is clearly Japanese. :wink:
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Cleopatra

Postby Jo March » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:48 am

Jo March
Jo March

Return to Searching for Tezuka