[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Unico In The Island Of Magic DVD

Unico In The Island Of Magic DVD

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Unico In The Island Of Magic DVD

Postby Tetsuwan » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:30 am

Before I start, I want to say I'm sorry about my last find. I have trouble telling pirate dvds from the real ones in certain cases. So, before I go ahead with what I found I want to state that, I think this is authentic, though I could be wrong. If anyone else knows different please state so.

On ebay I found a dvd of Unico In The Island Of Magic, listed as "Unico In The Island Of Magic (1983) English Dub RARE". This dvd not only contains the dub version of The Island of Magic but, according to the listing, the dvd contains a bonus short. The bonus is described as "Bonus 1979 Unico Short (Pilot): "White Wings, Black Clouds"" (which has English Subs).

I'm not buying it since the Buy It Now price is GBP 7.99 (approximately US $15.97). With GBP3.50 (approximately US $6.99) for shipping to the US. That's a little high for me. This item ends in 4 days 6 hours from when I was writing this.

Here is the link
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby Huscheli » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:47 pm

I highly doubt it is autentic but thank you anyway for pointing it out! Maybe we should create a DVD topic so people wont have to open a thread for each interesting DVD product they find?^^

And by the way, just so to to give you the basic ideas of pirated DVDs:

For 99% a DVD that is codefree is a pirated DVD. (There are special cases like museum DVDs and other strange stuff that's code free as well, but rarely).

A DVD that is codefree AND has English and Chinese Subtitles is always pirated.
(There are of course Chinese DVDs with english subtitles that are legit - but then they are Code 3, which is the Region Code for China.)

Like this you will spot the pirated product very easily. ^_^
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Tetsuwan » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:56 pm

Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby Mike Toole » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:11 pm

Mike Toole

Tezuka reader

Postby KimbaWLion » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:48 am

KimbaWLion

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:06 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby KimbaWLion » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:08 am

KimbaWLion

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:23 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Tetsuwan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:56 pm

On the topic of region free dvds, theres a UK company called Delta. I imported their Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog as seen here, . If you look around their dvd selection on their site , you'll see pretty much all their dvd's are region 0. Region 0 is another form of region free, or at least plays on most dvd players no matter what region. The only dvd player I had trouble playing my set on was my PS3. Every other dvd player I tried worked, even my other blu-player which is a Samsung.

My point is that there are companies, or at least one, that specializes in region 0/region free dvds.
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Return to Searching for Tezuka