[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - A request for help finding a classic Astroboy pose.

A request for help finding a classic Astroboy pose.

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

A request for help finding a classic Astroboy pose.

Postby brit44aldo » Wed May 27, 2009 6:06 am

I am trying to work from a nearly 40 year old memory, so please bare with me.

A very kind lady (my first babysitter) painted an image of Astroboy on a pillowcase as a present. The fabric finaly disintigrated enough to convince me to throw it away in the early/mid 1980s. Lately, we have been discussing how special this gift was to me. The other day she stopped me on the streat (I now live in my childhood home) and asked me if I remember the name of the cartoon she drew. :) that was an easy answer. We spent a good hour discussing this gift and she asked me if I could find some pictures of this caracture. I suspect she wants to rectreate the gift.

The pose was like the one shown on the postage stamp on the RH side of the forum header, but my memory is of it as less curved (more straight, streaking into space as you would expect from a childhood memory). But, the more I stare at that image, the more I suspect it must have been a common image that she drew her insperation from.

Where can I find beter examples of a flying Astroboy to show her?

Also, if you could help me define the year of this memory, I would appreciate it. I live in the Detroit, MI USA television area. I remember Kimba and Astroboy were on such that one followed the other. It may have been that there was another half hour show between there air times. Astroboy was dropped after a short time, but Kimba continued to air for some time. The time frame would have been somewhere arround 1968 and 1972.

Any help with images of Astroboy flying and/or time frame Astroboy aired in Detroit Mi is appreciated.
brit44aldo

Postby Jeffbert » Wed May 27, 2009 4:07 pm

I have several sources for you. 1st, some details: There have been 3 animated series, the 1960s B&W, the 1980s, & the 2003 series. While the graphic design of Astroboy varies from 1 to another, if the pose is more important than the series, try visiting Astroboy-online forums. It has a wealth of images taken from the 1980s and 2003 series. There are a few threads there that have images from the 1960s series.

This thread is an index of the image-laden threads, so start here:

Netflix offers all three series.

if $ is no problem, buy the B&W boxed sets; they are available from many online retailers.

Amazon.com:

I hope this helps.
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby brit44aldo » Wed May 27, 2009 6:41 pm

Thanks Jeffbert.
It had to have been the B&W series.
This was the pose she used
She is nearly 70 now. Do you happen to know where there is a larger version of this?
She must have used the colors from the Kimba episode where they visit the worlds fair, and astroboy is one of the robots in a display case. I could not find anything about this episode :(
brit44aldo

Postby Jeffbert » Wed May 27, 2009 8:05 pm

I have all the episodes on disc, & have some captured frames from each one; however, it involves a bit of work. I will search for a few minutes, though.

Lucky You! I have found several images from the one color episode of the 1963 series:

I do not like to keep full-sized images uploaded, though; so, copy them & enjoy!

[/img]
Jeffbert

Postby Jeffbert » Wed May 27, 2009 8:19 pm

I hate to double post, but in case you are looking for any updates since I first made the last post, but before editing it. :wink:
Jeffbert

Postby brit44aldo » Thu May 28, 2009 2:13 am

I have coppied them.
Thank you very much. If she does make one, I will be sure to post a pic.

I have had several people over the years tell me that I am wrong that Kimba never visited a fair where robots were displayed. I'll have to keep searching for that one.
brit44aldo

Postby Jeffbert » Thu May 28, 2009 3:47 am

Untrue. Kimba, Roger Ranger, & others visted France, went to the museum where various robots were displayed. As the scene panned, Atom becomes visible on the far right. I have an image somewhere on my HDD, but it would take a while to find it.
Jeffbert

Postby Recca_Phoenix » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:34 am

I have a great Astro Boy t-shirt from the Tezuka: Marvel of Manga exhibit at the Asian Art Museum (San Fran):
Now translating:
Recca_Phoenix

Tezuka Nut

Re: A request for help finding a classic Astroboy pose.

Postby neljeffz » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:05 pm

neljeffz

Return to Searching for Tezuka