[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Are we allowed to sell here?-SELLING TEZUKA MERCH!

Are we allowed to sell here?-SELLING TEZUKA MERCH!

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Are we allowed to sell here?-SELLING TEZUKA MERCH!

Postby Rubedo » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:00 am

Hey guys! I'm clearing out a lot of my anime stuff, which includes some Tezuka merchandise. I was going to sell it on ebay but thought that you guys here would appreciate it more so I'd rather make offers to you all first.
However... I don't know if we're allowed to do that here. I don't want to offend or step on any toes so I wanted to ask first-are we allowed to sell stuff here?
I've sold stuff on LiveJournal and Ebay for years, I'm not looking to take anyone for a ride. Just one fan to another looking to sell stuff :) I can link you to feedback or whatever if you need reassurance.

And if this kind of post isn't allowed just go ahead and delete this post, mods, sorry -_-'.
Last edited by Rubedo on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rubedo

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:10 am

There's no rule against selling Tezuka stuff (or anything else for that matter) on TezukaInEnglish.com. I've sold some Astro Boy DVD's and rare Phoenix editions, and I (and many others) have bought Crime & Punishment from David and I bought an Astro Boy DVD set from cmoon.

Obviously though, TezukaInEnglish.com takes absolutely no responsibility for any sales between members. It's 100% buyer beware. Also, given the spirit of the forum, anything posted here should really be Tezuka-specific.

I will say though that we kinda have a tradition of selling "to a good home" rather than for "as much profit as possible".

Although I doubt you've got anything I'd be interested in... whatcha got?
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Huscheli » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:01 pm

Hmm, maybe a seperated sales forum wouldn't be a bad idea. In the other forums I am they all have that.

I too think it should be Tezuka specific, or at least "manga and anime" specific. I think it would be neat.
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Rubedo » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:52 pm

Okay then, without further ado, I'll list what I'm selling :) It's all Tezuka specific of course.
I got all of these from Japanese sites(The figures anyway) and paid a pretty penny in shipping and proxy fee's originally. But all the original prices are listed how they were on the Japanese sites, minus any extra fees I paid.
Shipping for these items will be around $5-$8 depending on size and weight. If you buy multiple items shipping will be combined :)

Black Jack RAH(Real Action Heroes) 1/6 scale Medicom action doll.
He has real clothing and comes with a medical bag and stuff. I think I took him out of the box once, but he comes with everything and is in new and mint condition otherwise.
I paid $150 for him some time ago(He's worth more now.) but I would be selling him for $99

Black Jack and Pinoko Tomy Collectors Figure World series.
I've never taken them out of the plastic much less the boxes, so they're NEW. Sorry the picture is a little fuzzy.
I paid $60 for the set, but would be selling for $40.

Black Jack with Pinoko Extra Figure.
Still sealed in the plastic :) so they're new! There were 2 versions of this set, the one with BlackJack holding a scalpel and Pinoko doing her signature face(which is this one), and one with no scalpel and Pinoko has a more normal(and boring in my opinion) face. I paid $45 and would be selling for $29.

MW hardcover book.
I paid retail which was about $17. Apparently It's really rare now as it goes for a lot of money on Amazon(the cheapest I found there was $59). But I'd be willing to just sell it for what I paid.

Apollo's Song paperback book.
I paid retail for this too which was about $15, but would be selling it for $8.

Phoenix DVD box Set.
sorry for the stock photo :(
I watched these once. All the DVD's are flawless and look great, along with the packaging. It's a really good looking set actually. Each DVD is in it's own book-like case within the set.
I paid $30 retail and would be selling for $15.

If you have any questions go ahead and ask away!
Payment should be with paypal, if you can't do that, money orders and cash can be acceptable, however paypal is the best option. I'm in the USA but I will ship internationally. However be warned that shipping can be more expensive for international orders, so ask me for a shipping quote.
Rubedo

Tezuka reader

Postby Rubedo » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:01 pm

I agree with Huscheli, it would be fun to have a forum section for selling :). I do know of a few other forums that are able to pull this off. The only problem is that people have to KNOW that it's buyer beware, and not take it out on the forum if something goes wrong.
We all seem to be pretty smart and understanding here though so I'm not worried :)

Oh yeah, also, I'm looking for the hardcover BlackJack books vol. 2 and 3. I'd be willing to trade or have it go towards what you pay for the items I'm selling :) just to let you know!
Rubedo

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:18 am

I wouldn't mind a "selling" forum, if/when the site gets a bit bigger. At the moment though we usually only have about 20 active members at any given time, so it's a bit premature I think.

Anyway, I'm not all that interested in any of the stuff listed (I'm only mildly interested in that black jack/pinoko set... mainly because I already have the "boring" version. ;)) However, I do know a place where I can find the Black Jack HC vol. 2-3 on the shelf if you're interested. It's a local store, so you could just contact them directly if you like...
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Huscheli » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:09 am

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Jeffbert » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:49 pm

MW is currently available new on Amazon.com for < $20. Apollo's Song is likewise at a good price, new or used.
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Rubedo » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:24 am

@strobe_z: Hmm... that sounds rather interesting :) I'll have to think about it.

@Huscheli: Sounds great :D Item total is $23, shipping is rounded down to $14, so your total is $37. The dvd's are NTSC, hopefully your player is the same or universal. I can email an invoice to you or you can just send payment through your paypal to my address, it's up to you. I can pm you with my info or you can pm me with yours. it's up to you :)

@Jeffbert: Really? Cause the hardcover versions I found on there were $59 at the cheapest. But sometimes they have the same item with a slightly different listing and it can mess you up. I'll re-check.
Rubedo

Tezuka reader

Return to Searching for Tezuka