[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Galaxy Boy Troop anime

Galaxy Boy Troop anime

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Galaxy Boy Troop anime

Postby F-Man » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:37 am

Fell in love with this at first sight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6nS-8OKl8I

Unfortunately it was another one of those shows that Tezuka was not proud of and so the films were destroyed.

I could not find a single other clip except this one, despite the description alluding that there is more out there. They also say the French sub comes from a broadcasting of the show in France, but I think that's a hoax for multiple reasons. For one, nothing on Google comes up of people casually talking about the show in French, except for people talking about this Youtube video.

As I was searching for bootleg copies, and having no idea where to even find bootlegs, I tried Yahoo Auctions and came up with a DVD that seems to at least talk about it, along with other puppet shows.

I'll order it and hope it has more than just that one Youtube clip, but first, is there anyone who can translate the description? Babelfish and Google aren't too good at Japanese.

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby F-Man » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:17 am

Alright, going to the Japanese Wikipedia was fruitful.

Wikipedia says that only 3 episodes still exist: 28, 67 and 87.

The audio for #28 is lost, 87 has "(only animation part rush film)" which may mean that only the animation parts remain and puppet parts are lost, and 67 used to be silent as well until NHK found the overseas version, meaning the one with French narration and subtitles, and distributed that one episode through the DVD.

(So I guess it wasn't a hoax, but I get a feeling this overseas version might have never aired in France. Maybe the subtitles were there to help with the dubbing)

Wikipedia and the official NHK website (the distributor of the DVD) don't seem to mention that they only show parts of it, so I will assume the episode is complete. After all the DVD is 120 minutes long and only includes 3 puppet shows and a documentary. I'm going ahead and ordering this (with Metropolis on Blu-ray and Jetter Mars, hehe).

Now considering this DVD seems to be the only (legal, at the least) release of this show on video, I wonder where we can find the other two existing episodes? Maybe on bootlegs...

For those interested, the NHK website linked in the also says this:

* Subtitle inside main part. The narration which is recorded (French) is not literal translation, we have preferred the contents of the script which exists.   
* The ugly part and the hearing painful part acknowledgment with the state of the master which exists.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Return to Searching for Tezuka