Looking for Golden Bat / Super Hero

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Looking for Golden Bat / Super Hero

Postby mdubois » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:01 am

Hello,

I'm writing a small article on the following subjet : "Who is the fisrt Super Hero ?" ... for me no way : it is Golden Bat !
Golden Bat is born with the street theatre called Kamishibai, but I know that it has been later adpated in comics. I'm looking for a scan (in high resolution) of the cover of the Tezuka's version.
It should looks like this :

Thanks for your help.
Best regards,

Michel
mdubois

Tezuka reader

Postby Dr. Jerk » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:30 pm

This seems to be like one of the more rarer of Tezuka's works, so I do not imagine that it would have a lot of editions and therefore be very difficult to find.

I tried to look on Amazon Japan, hoping that maybe there was a Complete Works reprint of the manga, but there was none to be found at all. Unless I'm searching by the wrong title (I used the Japanese name from the official site), then I can only guess that it has never been reprinted, which therefore would make it even more difficult to find.

The only other place I could suggest would be Ebay (Japanese Ebay most likely), or Yahoo! Japan Auctions. Either way, if you're going to shop at a Japanese site, you'll need an agent.

And if you were hoping for an English release or a release in another language, lol. Never was licensed overseas.
Dr. Jerk

Tezuka Nut

Return to Searching for Tezuka