[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Tezuka Manga to be released online in English?

Tezuka Manga to be released online in English?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Tezuka Manga to be released online in English?

Postby SuriPanda » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:11 pm

I just got "The art of Osamu Tezuka" by Helen McCarthy today, and in it she says that Tezuka Production "intends to make all his manga available online in English in the near future" (p10). Does anyone have more details on this situation? I've been looking for volumes of Phoenix but frankly I don't have the money to buy the volumes that are out of print (at this point volume 1 is going for around $100 on amazon...) (Yes I am aware that there is already a thread on purchasing Phoenix).

Thank you!
SuriPanda

Re: Tezuka Manga to be released online in English?

Postby F-Man » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:28 am

Sounds like the , the English version of which is only available for iPad unfortunately.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby SuriPanda » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:38 am

Thanks! :) Too bad I don't have an iPad...
SuriPanda

Postby astarisborn94 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:54 am

Just downloaded the English app into my Ipad.

They have a free magazine for those without subscription. Those with a subscription, however, can get access to these series:
- Black Jack (ten volumes)
- Astro Boy (twenty-three volumes)
- Ode to Kirihito (three volumes)
- Apollo's Song (two volumes)
- Dororo (three volumes)
- Phoenix (six volumes)
- Buddha (eight volumes)
- MV (two volumes)
- Adolf (five volumes).

The site also has motion mangas available. Black Jack has eleven, Dororo has ten, Phoenix has thirteen (all with karma on the title), and Astro Boy has five (although they are all titles The Greatest Robot on Earth and is missing the 5th part)

Subscriptions are $9.99/month. Might be a good time for me to use my Best Buy gift card.

Does anyone else has access to this? I'm curious.

Edit: Do note that the Japanese version offers a lot more in content, but I'll make do with what I have.
astarisborn94

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:24 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby astarisborn94 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:27 pm

astarisborn94

Tezuka reader

Postby bobojungle » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:58 pm

Wow, that does sounds like a pretty cool app Astarisborn!

I wonder if it's available in Canada . If it is,this app does make me wish that I had an ipad ;^_^.
bobojungle

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:33 am

It is available in Canada, you can check the Canadiab iTunes Store and see it.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby astarisborn94 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:59 am

Just subscribed to Tezuka Osamu Magazine Club. The good news is that the subscription goes for both the English and Japanese version of the club, so fans have access to everything the Japanese has (although as said before, a lot of things in Japanese are not present in the English version).

...should I make a thread based on this club? I think it'd be informative for those curious.
astarisborn94

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:05 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Pureboy » Tue May 21, 2013 4:07 pm

Also available on Android!
Tablet:
Phone(?):
Both apps are compatible with my Nexus 7 but not my Galaxy Nexus or HTC Evo.
Pureboy

Postby astarisborn94 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:20 pm

astarisborn94

Tezuka reader

Return to Searching for Tezuka