[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Hard to Find Phoenix volumes

Hard to Find Phoenix volumes

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Johnny_07 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:41 am

I think I'm the only one who is interested in Vol.4 =)
Losing faith makes a crime.
Johnny_07

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:23 am

Are you still interested in buying it for $20 plus shipping?
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Johnny_07 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:02 am

Yup as long as the shipping is the most economical possible ;).
How are we going to do this? Do you have a PayPal account?
Johnny_07

Tezuka reader

Postby Arishem » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:44 am

Thank you, strobe_z!

Yes, I still devoted for Sun - part. 1. Is it Paypal the better option for you? And if you require for the "Crime and Punishment" book, please let me know it and I take it this weekend.

If someone wants vol. 10 too... well, i can wait. I still waiting for vol. 11 and 12 that I bought yesterday, no problem with that.
Arishem

Postby strobe_z » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:08 am

After re-reading this thread it seems that pomocho was the only other person looking for Phoenix, but seems to have completed the collection.

So that means that Vol. 4 is ear-marked for Johnny_07 and Vol. 10 is for Arishem.... done!

I'll send you both PM to discuss the details. These are about the 4/5th volumes of Phoenix that I've scrounged up and sent "to good homes". As a "Tezuka matchmaker" I'm only doing this as a public service for Tezuka fans, so I sell these at whatever it costs me + shipping. The shipping is pretty much your choice, I'll send it slowest/cheapest if that's what you like.

As for Crime and Punishment, I do already have the bi-lingual English edition, but I have to say I'm slightly intrigued to see a Spanish version. I don't have any Tezuka manga in Spanish (or any other manga for that matter!). Are there any Tezuka manga available in Spanish that AREN'T available in either French or English?

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Arishem » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:02 pm

As far as i know, Tezuka's manga in Spanish unavailable or difficult to in English (i don't know the French catalog, sorry) are:

- La Nueva Isla del Tesoro (New Treasure Island) (1 book)
- El árbol que da sombra (Tezuka's Ancestor Dr. Ryoan) (8 books)
- Bajo el Aire (Under the Air) (1 book)
- La Princesa Caballero (Princess Knight) (3 books)
- Crimen y Castigo (Crime and Punishment) (1 book)

The "Crime and Punishment" book includes a short cowboy story named "Lemon Kid.

The rest of the Spanish catalog (Astro Boy, Ode To Kirihito, Adolf, Buda, Ayako, Metropolis, Next World, Lost World, Black Jack) are available in English or will be soon, as far as I know, repeat.

If you (of any of you) are interested, just let mw know, and we can work it out.
Arishem

Postby Arishem » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:05 pm

I forgot to mention that they announced "Son-Goku the Monkey" soon to appear in Spain. I don't know how many books...
Arishem

Postby strobe_z » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:52 pm

The only one off that list that I don't already have is "Under the Air". I have New Treasure Island in Korean, Dr. Ryoan in French, and Son-Goku in both. I also have Crime and Punishment and Princess Knight in the Bilingual English/Japanese editions.

I am intrigued by the Lemon Kid backup story. How easy would it be for you to get your hands on Under the Air and Crime and Punishment? Perhaps we can work out a trade for Phoenix?

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Arishem » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:41 am

I saw yesterday a copy of Crime and Punishment in my comic shop, and I'm sure that is not so much difficult to find Under the Air. I try to look for it this afternoon.

And, right, i'm good with a trade for the Phoenix vol. 10. When I find the Under the Air book, i let you know and we make the details.

Thank you so much again for helping me to complete my Tezuka Collection!
Arishem

Postby Johnny_07 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:02 pm

Johnny_07

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:11 pm

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Johnny_07 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:44 am

Yeah I guess that the ones who use IRC often are teens and teens don't like, or don't have much to talk about Tezuka :(...

The ones who appreciate Tezuka the most are mainly 18+ and these guys are often quite busy :(...
Johnny_07

Tezuka reader

Postby blackshadow » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:39 pm

blackshadow

Tezuka reader

Postby Johnny_07 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:44 pm

Johnny_07

Tezuka reader

Postby Johnny_07 » Tue May 04, 2010 8:14 pm