[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Hard to Find Phoenix volumes

Hard to Find Phoenix volumes

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Hard to Find Phoenix volumes

Postby Lamp » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:30 am

I was wondering if anyone here knows why Phoenix Volume 7 is so hard to find online when compared to the other volumes. I've tried ordering it from amazon.com, but it was backordered (and I've been waiting for about two months still), and I've e-mailed so many different online sites asking about its availability to no avail.

Did it have an extremely low print run or something? Was it a pre-order only item? I just can't figure out what the deal is. Not a single online merchant on amazon or ebay sell Volume 7.

I've used biblio search, ISBN search, and everything, and yet I cannot find a single online seller. Books-A-Million and Barnes and Noble (the real stores) said they could not get it for me (it was my mistake trying to order from them in the first place, rather than get the book online when it was new). I tried ordering directly from Viz, without success...and Rightstuf currently has it backordered (but considering how many other stores I've purchased the book also have it "backordered" for me, I doubt I would meet with any success).

Its enough to drive me crazy, considering I will now never finish my English Tezuka collection without it. I mean, I've gotten to the point that if I could find it on ebay or something I'd be willing to pay a ridiculous amount just to own the book, but no one ever sells it, something I thought I'd never do.

If anyone could shed any light as to why this book is so elusive, it would be greatly appreciated...

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: This post probably should have gone under the "Searching for Tezuka" category, but I did not even notice that section of the forum until after I already posted this. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Lamp

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:25 am

Oh no...and I just wnated to start with the english release of Phoenix o_o
Strange that it's so hard to find. I don't think I'll be much of a help but I don't think it will "never" appear on e-bay or so...o.o
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby David » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:45 am

there is a number 7 listed at ABE.
http://www.abebooks.com/

Note that some of the pictures are for the Japanese language version but
the ISBN and info show that it is the English one from VIZ.

David
David

Postby Lamp » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:00 am

Lamp

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:29 am

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Lamp » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:52 am

Lamp

Tezuka reader

Postby UnluckyLukeGR » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:02 am

UnluckyLukeGR

Tezuka Nut

Postby Lamp » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:20 am

Lamp

Tezuka reader

Postby David » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:18 am

David

Postby Lamp » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:37 pm

Lamp

Tezuka reader

Postby UnluckyLukeGR » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:23 pm

Oh, sorry, didn't know you'd already tried that. Figures, I misread the very beginning of your post. But I hope my Phoenix volume 3 arrives, because it would really suck to have volumes 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 only.
UnluckyLukeGR

Tezuka Nut

Postby Lamp » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:13 am

Lamp

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:11 am

Wow... this might be harder than I thought. :oops:

I'd say that it's pretty clear that Viz has let Volume 7 fall out of print. I called a few stores and (those that actually carry the series) had all the volumes except for Vol. 7.

The search continues... but have you tried these links:
http://www.schwartzbooks.com/cgi-bin/item/1421505185
http://www.ecampus.com/book/1421505177

Mind you, this is 'grasping at straws'... I've never ordered from either of these nor do I necessarily recommend them personally. They're just the only ones I've found that don't have it listed as "backordered".
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Lamp » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:05 am

Thanks for the search, I appreciate it. I've tried the ecampus thing, and they sent me an e-mail saying they couldn't locate it. That other link, which has a "Phoenix Volume 7" supposedly in stock has the ISBN for Volume 8, as well as a picture of Volume 8. The other Volume 7 (with the correct ISBN) was out of stock.

An earlier post mentioned biggerbooks.com, which I have heard no reply from so far, but its doubtful they have it either, considering the site looks to be very similar to ecampus.

I honestly don't think I'll ever get ahold of Volume 7 in English, at least not for a couple years or so (maybe people will start to notice how hard it is to come by and start selling it on ebay ,for ridiculous prices that I would happily pay, then) . If people here didn't actually own a copy, I would truly think it did not exist. If only I could read Japanese (I have the Japanese version of Civil War). I enjoy Tezuka's art and all, but I really prefer getting the whole thing, like the dialogue and humor. Maybe one day I'll find a library that has it so I can at least read it or something.

Thanks for all the replies though.
Lamp

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:37 pm

Well I would always check e-bay. I don't think it will take that long till a volume 7 is listed, so just check frpm time to time.
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Next

Return to Searching for Tezuka