[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Hard to Find Phoenix volumes

Hard to Find Phoenix volumes

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby echolake » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:44 pm

echolake

Re: Hard to Find Phoenix volumes

Postby Traveller » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:29 am

Hi all.

Over the past couple of months I have been getting back into anime and manga after a few years of not buying much etc. Anyway, I have always liked Tezuka stuff, and bought a bunch of DVDs and some manga of his earlier last decade. I want to buy Phoenix, but a lot of the volumes are fairly expensive on amazon etc. There are a couple of complete sets for sale that are quite expensive too however.

Is it still possible to track down the volumes for cheaper at all? Or do you think maybe forking out for a complete set is the only way these days?

Thanks
Traveller

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:58 am

It is getting harder and harder to find certain volumes of Phoenix. Viz is strange though, they'll reprint certain volumes from time to time with little or no fanfare. I can certainly keep an eye out for unloved shelf copies, but they are getting scarcer.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Traveller » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:43 am

Yeah if you could that'd be great. Thanks.
Traveller

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:30 pm

There's a guy on Twitter that told me he has volumes 8-12 on the shelf for cover price in his store... and they ship. You interested?
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Traveller » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:44 am

Yeah ok would be interested in those.
Traveller

Tezuka reader

Postby Tetsuwan Atomu » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:49 am

Yeha i remember my search for it i must have paid close to 500 Euro's to get em, volume 1,4,5,9,10 where verry hard to find at the time (2010-2011) it's alot more now i'm sure.
Must have been almost every volume by now, i just looked it up at Amazon and the only volumes Amazon itself still has are 2,7,11 and 12 and even all of them are about to go out of print forever since they all say order soon without more on the way.
Tetsuwan Atomu

Tezuka reader

Postby Existential Warrior » Fri May 10, 2013 3:18 am

I was successfully able to get volumes 1-8. I now need volumes 9-10 and they are hard to find. I found volume 9 for a semi-descent price, but I cannot find volume 10 at any affordable price.
Existential Warrior

Tezuka reader

Postby Mamango » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:38 am

I found a great link to get phoenix volume's but with shipping it cost about 35dollars for just one volume also the site is all in chinese. http://www.amazon.cn/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2 ... oenix+vol+
Mamango

Tezuka reader

Previous

Return to Searching for Tezuka