[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Tezuka Kickstarters?

Tezuka Kickstarters?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Tezuka Kickstarters?

Postby Lord_Farquaad » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:47 am

Due to the fact that I've been living under a rock for the past year or two I've managed to miss out on pretty much all of the kickstarters. Also living in the UK doesn't help as I can't seem to find anywhere selling Ludwig B ,Barbara or
Swallowing the Earth. For those of us who missed out, do you think A Clockwork Apple, Alabaster, Brave Dan and Storm Fairy will ever get a retail release? It'd be a shame if not.
Lord_Farquaad

Re: Tezuka Kickstarters?

Postby Marc » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:39 am

From what I understand, all of DMP's releases are going to be exclusively available through Akadot--you can find 'em here: http://www.akadot.com/advanced_search_r ... x=0&go.y=0 (hope that link works. If not, just go to akadot.com and search for "Tezuka").

The titles you mentioned will be available there at some point--not sure on the official release dates, however. A Clockwork Apple, Brave Dan, and Alabaster just recently got shipped to Kickstarter backers, so I think it will be a while before they're made available on Akadot. It's going to be a few months before Storm Fairy is shipped to backers, too, so I'd assume that one will be available sometime in 2017 with the pace the other books have been released at.

I really wish they'd try and put Tezuka's work in stores, though. As it is now, very few people are aware that these titles are available in English now, and even fewer people are aware that the Kickstarters that made them possible exist. Ah well. Anyway, welcome to the forums!
Marc

Tezuka reader

Postby Lord_Farquaad » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:46 pm

Thanks for the info. I've managed to get my hands on a copy of Barbara since, but I'll give this 'Akadot' a try. Yeah I wish they'd have more in stores as well. All of Vertical's Tezuka titles made it in there, but I can understand why that might not be an option for them so it's fair enough I suppose. That being said I did find A.Tomcat and Triton in my local-ish comic shop so I'm hoping for more.

I've also heard you can get some of these volumes by increasing your pledge when they have a Kickstarter going, as some sort of 'add on'. Guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the next Kickstarter and try and do that.

Thanks a lot, glad to be on board!
Lord_Farquaad

Postby strobe_z » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:50 pm

If you promise to pledge future Kickstarter campaigns, I might be able to help you out with a couple of those... Ludwig B and Alabaster, I think. ;)
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Marc » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:31 am

No problem! They do indeed have past volumes available as add-ons, and I believe you just need to pay MSRP for those past titles, rather than anything significantly extra. I could be wrong, though. Anyway, good luck in your quest, and I hope you're able to find the rest!
Marc

Tezuka reader

Postby Lord_Farquaad » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:32 pm

Looks like a new Kickstarter has arrived, better try to not miss this one!
Lord_Farquaad

Return to Searching for Tezuka