[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - How likely is it that I'll find black jack manga at a con?

How likely is it that I'll find black jack manga at a con?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

How likely is it that I'll find black jack manga at a con?

Postby Pathfinder » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:29 pm

Okay, I'm a regular con goer and in the past I've never had proper funding in the dealers room but my new job pays me almost twice as much as my last one and now I want to start picking up Blackjack, and if I can find it the manga. I'm inexperianced at finding such things and was just wondering what the likeliness of me finding it at an anime convention would be. I know its gone out of print (which is sad and I wish they would rerelease it), so that adds to the difficulty. I really loved the blackjack series and if I can't pick it up at a con (which i'm sure resides mostly on luck) where else do you think I can get a hold of it? I'm willing to try anything here since Black Jack is in my top five favorite animes of all time.
"Earth has too many enemies, I will leave this planet! Wahahahahahaha!" ~ Dr. Black Jack
Pathfinder

Tezuka reader

Postby Path » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:41 am

I also regularly go to cons, and I the only ones I've ever run across were the current Japanese editions at a Kinokuniya stand. I assume you are looking for the two English volumes. I purchased both off Amazon some time ago. Right now only the second one is available, for about $11, but used copies of both are usually available. Ebay also usually has at least one or the other for sale.
We will meet again, when the loops of time touch.
Path

Tezuka reader

Postby Pathfinder » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 am

Oh, I thank you for your wonderous information. Buying off line is not much of something that I can usually do, so I'll have to wait a few months before I can do that. I'll be keeping my eyes out :shock: looking for it.
"Earth has too many enemies, I will leave this planet! Wahahahahahaha!" ~ Dr. Black Jack
Pathfinder

Tezuka reader

Postby snake search » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:43 am

at Otakon this year i did find black jack vol.2 at one of the booth. it was pretty much was an one in a million chance of finding it. :D
your best bet is to find it on amazon.com or ebay. in less you want to test your luck at a con.
Last edited by snake search on Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
snake search

Tezuka reader

Postby Pathfinder » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:43 am

well its obvious i'm going to test my luck at the con, i have a list of things I'm looking for each year when I go. but this year is different, this year I can afford it!
Pathfinder

Tezuka reader

Postby putrocca » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:03 pm

They're out of print so rare at cons. I recommend using Viz's web page, they usually have backstock.
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Pathfinder » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:22 pm

I thank you Ada-Sempai. ^-^ I'll check viz, though I'm still going to look at the cons, that's part of the thrill of the hunt. *pulls out a gun* I'll find those pesky graphic novels if I have to raid every con from Anime Boston to Kawaii con.
Pathfinder

Tezuka reader

Postby snake search » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:09 am

snake search

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:20 pm

It looks like you might be able to order both Viz editions from Amazon.ca -

- Although I'm not sure what "Library binding" means... a pseudo (laminated) hardcover maybe?

I know it's not exactly the same as finding treasure at a con... but in my experience with some of the out of print Tezuka stuff... ANYWHERE you can find it is a treasure!

Hope that helps...
strobe_z

Webmaster

Return to Searching for Tezuka