[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - finding bilingual crime and punishment

finding bilingual crime and punishment

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Re: finding bilingual crime and punishment

Postby WalkingParadox » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:19 pm

Not me. Just tell me what I need to do from here.
WalkingParadox

Postby David » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:05 am

cool - you can write me at david at japancatnet.com
David

Tezuka reader

Postby David » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:29 am

ok! now one book and two names;

Are these folks still here?;

1 The Donkey
2 ben

David
David

Tezuka reader

Postby Deda » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:24 pm

Hey David a friend of mine is looking for a copy too.
Do you still have one?
Deda

Tezuka Nut

Postby David » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:33 pm

Let's give Donkey and Ben one more day to see if they are still here and then we can move on to your friend, - 24 hours.
If anyone is missed, we can always come back to them. I'll be sure to get one (eventually) for everyone who wants one.

David
David

Tezuka reader

Postby David » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:05 am

ok Deda, If you need let me know.

David
David

Tezuka reader

Postby David » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:48 am

Sent out 2 books. Haven't heard from Donkey or Ben. Looks like they haven't been here for a long time. So no waiting list. No books. Starting over.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks, David
David

Tezuka reader

Postby Deda » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:37 am

For me it's okay, my friend really want it.
Deda

Tezuka Nut

Postby David » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:57 pm

Deda, send me a mail at <david at japancatnet.com>

David
David

Tezuka reader

Postby strobe_z » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:42 pm

David... I hope you know what a public service rescuing bi-lingual Crime and Punishment editions has been. Any idea how many copies you've sent to a good home over the years?
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby David » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:59 pm

When I first came to Japan a lot of years ago, I was already a big comics fan but knew nothing about manga. I was very excited reading ABOUT Tezuka Osamu. I subsequently found out that there was ONE book in English, and I promptly went to the English book shop in Kyoto to order it. At first they told me they did not stock or order comics but I was a bit insistent, and 2 weeks later they pulled in a copy for me. Very cool... I thought.

When I went back the next month, to order one or two for friends, I found out it was now out of stock at the publisher. So, I had my eyes out right away for copies. I was going to a lot of used book shops and collectors stores, and soon started a small business, at that time - Manga Search! - geared toward finding lost things. Well, Tezuka was not a big request. Mostly I found myself searching items from Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, BubbleGum Crisis, Gundam and eventually Pokemon. Still I collected copies of C&P, if only to stack them up for the time being.

I think I have found and sent out over 50 copies of the book since then. I like book hunting. Not as active at it as I used to be. I have other distractions. And my business has evolved into something different. But it is always a pleasure to turn up a copy. A lot of copies I found appear to have never been read. Many even have the obi - the little paper band that many new books come with.

So, I always consider Crime and Punishment to be available - just slow in coming.

David
David

Tezuka reader

Postby David » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:26 am

hey Deda, I can't seem to get a hold of you on your interest in a copy.
David

Tezuka reader

Postby Deda » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:01 am

Really? I did email you just like you said, asking information about method of payment and shipping and cost, did you not receive it?
Deda

Tezuka Nut

Postby David » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:19 am

Hey Deda,

I $40.
The easiest way for to take a payment is by Amazon Gift Card, email type; ( $40. total)

(name; David Wybenga, and my email david@japancatnet.com )
https://www.amazon.com/gp/gc/order?ie=U ... enericKey2

If that doesn't work for you let me know and we can work out something else.

If you are ready, send me your name and mailing address and will ship tomorrow.
Then should take average of 7 days to arrive.

thanks,
David

Tezuka reader

Postby Deda » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:43 am

40 dollars includes international shipping? Because my friend lives in Italy.
I'll pay for him first and then he will reimburse me.
Deda

Tezuka Nut

PreviousNext

Return to Searching for Tezuka