[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Phoenix Vol. 1 Re-Print?

Phoenix Vol. 1 Re-Print?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Phoenix Vol. 1 Re-Print?

Postby iPood » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:45 am

Many of the American members on the forum may have heard of an exhibit currently going on at the Asian Art Museum in San Francisco (Until Sept. 9, 2007). I heard from a very reliable source (UnluckyLukeGR), that this exhibit would have a store that may have Phoenix Vol. 1, and/or Vol. 7, which were two of the three Phoenix volumes I have not yet read. So naturally, I emailed the lady in charge of the gift shop inquiring about this. She didn't give me the answer I was hoping for, but alluded to something *almost* better.

A summary of my email correspondence with her (sorry if it is too long, I am just too excited!):

Email 1: What do you have?
Email 1(reply): blah, blah, blah (basically everything you can buy online or in a bookstore)
Email 2: darn... I wanted Phoenix Vol.1&7/BlackJack/Rainbow Parakeet
Email 2 (reply):
Hi Vineet,

Thanks for your message. Yes, it's hard to find those volumes. As of right
now, it looks like they are reprinting volume 1 later this summer. I don't
know for sure if or when, but it looks possible. If we get it, I'll let you
know. As for volume 7, there is no word on a re-print.

Thanks again and hope to see you!

Carly

What do you guys think? She seems like the person who would know this stuff, but it may not be credible. Anyways, just wanted to see if this had any basis in truth!
iPood

Tezuka reader

Postby UnluckyLukeGR » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:12 am

Yeah, the info on the site just said that they'll be selling some of the various works on display, including Phoenix, so I thought there might be a slim chance of being able to get volume 1 or 7. But it would be great if they reprinted the out-of-print volumes. I mean, they reprinted the entire series in France. Also, Viz is reprinting a lot of their older series recently (Black and White, Uzumaki, Gyo) so they might actually be reprinting volume 1. I hope so.
UnluckyLukeGR

Tezuka Nut

Postby Princess Sapphire » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:03 pm

If they really have or are going to reprint Volume 1, I hope I can get a copy at my comic store. Unfortunately their suppliers are very unreliable when it comes to books and comics orders. :( I've been waiting forever for all the Tezuka books I've already ordered or back-ordered. :x

They are going to change their supplier when they can so they tell me though.
Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby cmoon » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:03 pm

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby strobe_z » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:35 am

I have a spare Phoenix vol. 7 - cover price + shipping is all I ask for it...
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby mkg12 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:24 am

mkg12

Tezuka reader

Return to English Language Releases