[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Possible Unico movie DVD release

Possible Unico movie DVD release

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Possible Unico movie DVD release

Postby shid84 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:01 am

announced that the new company New Anime Galaxy has formed. One of the first titles they are going to bring to DVD is the first Unico movie (The Fantastic Adventures of Unico).

LOL. Of course I'm a Unico fanatic here so this excites me more than problably most of you! Haha! But still it's news of Tezuka's work. The two movies haven't been released to DVD officially yet. There are many bootlegs out on the internet but that's about it.

But, it's sort of hard for me to take the company's name seriously. It sort of feels like a fansubber's name not an official anime compnay. They'd probably end up abbreviating or something... NAG.... hahahah. Or rename itself? I dont' know. That's just my opinion I suppose. I'm willing to see what they offer and how well they do.
shid84

Tezuka reader

Postby shid84 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:03 am

Baah

That's the compnay's website. ^^
shid84

Tezuka reader

Postby Jiminy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:05 am

San Dimas High School football rules!
Jiminy

Tezuka Expert

Postby Huscheli » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:07 am

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Jeffbert » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:09 pm

Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby shid84 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:44 pm

I've been looking for the German version on DVD but can't find a store online that sells to the US. I see the DVD on German sites and obviously I don't know much German lol... I know more Japanese than any other language lol (well besides english lol).

One of the things a lot of the Unico fans out there have been asking is if they're going to redub the anime or haave the original english dub. I personally think they're going to keep the original and just put both english and japanese on DVD but who knows. They don't specify I guess. On their site they do mention the old dub voices.

So who knows. I just want to get the DVD and see how well they do.
shid84

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:56 pm

Well...amazon always shipps to most countrys... o_O
http://www.amazon.de/Unico-phantastisch ... er-eines-H
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Space Sheriff Gavan » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:16 pm

I always thought, for such a cutsie marketable to young female children character that Unico is, the storyline deals with some of the most depressing issues.
Space Sheriff Gavan

Tezuka reader

Postby shid84 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:06 am

shid84

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:52 am

Last edited by Huscheli on Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby shid84 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:02 am

Hahah! I actually did a search on YouTube to see if anyone had posted the German version and I found Katy's cat witch song hahah!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JeMGLBpFI1c

Wow. That IS annoying. She's just talking the lyrics. LOL. I'm so used to the Japanese and English version and to hear someone just talking the lyrics over another language is bizarre lol.
shid84

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:58 am

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Tetsuwan » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:10 pm

I found this other site that has all three Unico dvds that are said to be from asia. The pilot movie has eng sub and the other two have eng dub. Don't know if they are bootleg or not, would anyone know? Here is the link

Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby Huscheli » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:00 pm

Bootleg. They're codefree.
The pilot episode recently got released as Fansub, I guess they just burned it to DVD.
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Tetsuwan » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:07 pm

thanks for clearing that up.
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Next

Return to English Language Releases