[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Astroboy 2003 on itunes

Astroboy 2003 on itunes

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Astroboy 2003 on itunes

Postby Tetsuwan » Tue May 13, 2008 7:13 pm

Itunes has already seen the release of selected Short films, Phoenix(Hin-no-tori), and Blackjack. As well as the Jungle Emperor Leo movie (though I'm having a hard time finding it). Now, itunes brings us the Astroboy series created by Sony as part of the 50th anniversary of this great robotic icon.

Though it seem they only have the number of episodes that aired on tv, which were 25. Leaving the rest of the 52 episodes non downloadable for the moment. They mention these 25 episodes are season 1 so I suppose that suggest the rest will be released as season 2.

Remember that itune video is encrypted with a special protection that prevents burning to dvds or playing on other media players except the ipod and Quicktime (also Apple TV supports this format).
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby Huscheli » Wed May 14, 2008 2:40 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Manetoys » Sat May 17, 2008 2:07 am

Yeah, i've never been a fan of Itunes myself.
Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Huscheli » Sat May 17, 2008 12:01 pm

But it's better than nothing I guess ^^
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Tetsuwan » Mon May 19, 2008 2:01 am

I agree with you completely, I hate Itunes. I once bought three episodes of a tv show that was never released to dvd not knowing about the encryption and was stuck with videos that could only be played on the computer under quicktime, or on ipod video (yet that screen is too tiny for some of those big budget movies they sell).

I actually had a converter that got rid of the encryption but after the conversion the audio and video was unsynchronized. Also like I stated when you want to watch the video's on a mobile device the only option is the ipod, which is terrible for live action movies or even live tv shows (or anything with a lot of action or special affects.

Even the itunes music is encrypted which makes them limited, I say limited because there is now selected music that isn't encrypted. The selection for these unencrypted music is terrible though.

Even Amazon's Unbox video download service is a little limited being strictly Windows Video Media format.
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Return to English Language Releases