[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - New Fred Ladd Book

New Fred Ladd Book

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

New Fred Ladd Book

Postby Tetsuwan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:20 pm

A new book is coming out November 30th telling Fred Ladd's story of his acquiring of the Asrto boy and Kimba series rights for translation, as well as his dealings with Osamu Tezuka. It is written by Fred Ladd himself.
take a look at this page for more info

and here to pre-order the book

and another quick reference page
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby cmoon » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:51 pm

$35! Are there that many people interested in this book?
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Tetsuwan » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:25 am

Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby Mike Toole » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:12 am

Mike Toole

Tezuka reader

Postby cmoon » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:04 am

It isn't just the money. Think about it for just a second--how many people out there want to read this book. Schodt's book was a bit of a stretch, but Tezuka is coming enough into vogue now that perhaps there are folks who will pick it up. With this new book however, we have to ask how many people are specifically interested in reading a book regarding how things like the US 60's Astro and Kimba came into being.

The $35 reminds me of how academic books were priced high because there wasn't much of an audience, but for the life of me, I can't see how there are as many people interested in a book-long description of this topic than say something like the mating behaviors of the echidna. Not to say it couldn't be a fascinating book, but somehow you have to pay off the cost of publication.

Am I missing a built in audience somewhere?
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Jeffbert » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:57 pm

I just preordered it! :lol:
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Return to English Language Releases