[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - free black jack book with website for another 1

free black jack book with website for another 1

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

free black jack book with website for another 1

Postby D-crasher » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:27 pm

i got a free black jack book(volume 1 , the first storm of spring) and inside it was a website to get another 1 free but the site doesn't exisit ( www.vertical-ink.com/blackjack ), is there a place to get black jack books and why doesn't the site exisit.
D-crasher

Postby UnluckyLukeGR » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:09 am

Hmm... do you mean you got some sort of sampler? Anyway, there is a preview which contains one story on the site, which is (your URL is misspelled).
UnluckyLukeGR

Tezuka Nut

Postby strobe_z » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:19 am

Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Mike Toole » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:05 pm

Well, I kinda want one of those posters, so I just went ahead and emailed Vertical to ask if they'd send me one. No harm in asking, right? ;) I also dropped a line to my comic shop (Hub Comics, http://www.hubcomics.com) and asked them to get some of the posters since I'll be buying the series through them and maybe getting the poster up and the books on shelves will get some other readers hooked.

I'm foaming at the mouth for this series, by the way. The Dezaki/Sugino OVAs were really my 'gateway drug' to Tezuka's body of work, and it's long been my favorite. I've owned the hardcover Akita Bunko (Japanese) and softcover Glenat (French) releases for years and am looking forward to augmenting my collection with a version that I can read without a dictionary and lots of guesswork.

Oh, well-- in the meantime, there's a new Dororo this week!
Mike Toole

Tezuka reader

Postby D-crasher » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:30 pm

i spelled it how it was in the sample book
D-crasher

Postby UnluckyLukeGR » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:19 pm

Wow, that's an unfortunate typo, then. But thanks for the link, anyway. I didn't know there was a preview up.

I would love one of those posters. Sadly, I'm not a retailer.
UnluckyLukeGR

Tezuka Nut

Postby cmoon » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:46 pm

Someone remind me when Black Jack is officially coming out.
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby UnluckyLukeGR » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:55 pm

Amazon says September 23. September's going to be an awesome month for manga. Tokyo Zombie AND Black Jack.
UnluckyLukeGR

Tezuka Nut

Postby D-crasher » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:53 pm

i just rememed the blacp jack sampler comic was amican and in the uk ??? :?:

P.S. spelling might be rong
D-crasher

Postby putrocca » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:49 pm

I've written to them, about the typo and the posters - we'll see.

- Ada
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Jeffbert » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:56 pm

Cool! that preview contains the story of Rock as a total jerk who drives like a maniac, & ends up mortally wounded. His father Duke Red will pay any price to ANY surgeon who can save him. I saw this story on BJ21, very intense! The entire story is present in the preview! :lol:
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Return to English Language Releases